Subjective content

Everyone is so sensitive and trying to be politically correct. How do you guys think this will affect vines such as those with dark humour?

3 Likes

true, it was a different time on the internet when vine was around

2 Likes

When Vine was around, everyone was offensive and no one cared. Then Vine archived and 2017 happened. Smh.

Dang, I love dark humor and can’t live without it tho

2 Likes

Yeah, I know a lot of people who LIVE for that kinda thing. I personally dislike little kid cursing or preteens shouting at the camera. Not a fan of seeing babies poop after a few seconds of something I clicked on to see.

BUT, I don’t mind watching someone response to something scary or something that made them angry. Get hit with a car door by accident and start cursing can be funny, but just going off in the camera… not my jam. Also video’s of dead animals, or killing animals. Why?

Some people like to post that stuff. We can’t make everyone fall into a nice row of control but I’m hoping to be able to block or weed out the more blatantly offensive material.

4 Likes

if you’re talking about opinions, i think it will just be different communities and users getting different followings.

as for the staff and moderation, to my knowledge, they have no intention of discriminating against any sort of content unless of course it breaks the ToS.

3 Likes

No offense, but dark humor is probably one of the only things that make me laugh. I just hope that people actually post original content and not just scour the internet for old funny vines from random people and keep posting them around. There should also be some copyright system or something that doesn’t allow people to impersonate other people or post something that isn’t theirs and try to pass it off as their own.

2 Likes

Straight facts, my favorite TV shows include south park, family guy, Rick and forty, Big mouth. Some of the most famous v***s were dark humor and they were so popular because they were funny. I really hope v2 doesn’t become like this because tbh that would kill the app since most relatable v***s were dark.

Best part about vine was you followed who you wanted to see. If you LIKE it dark, you follow it. If you like football clips with music, you follow that. That is what I’m hoping the new app will be like, it’ll still have things I don’t care for, but I won’t have to follow it if I don’t want to.

1 Like

Exactly if u don’t like dark stuff, simply unfollow duh

2 Likes

The community will be the huge off that in my opinion. I was curious abt it too. I think if it’s ok with the community it’s ok… if it’s not they’ll report if and then we’ll see what happens from there.

1 Like