Stop Worrying About Number? Be Optimistic about it

Good afternoon everyone,

This discussion has been discussed multiple times in the past, and I welcome everyone’s view on this.

I thin it is important to accept that we can not just ignore numbers on social media, after all. We are humans, and when we are on social media, we think about how relevant we are, and the level of relevancy is determined by the number of likes and comments.

We can COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY not worry about numbers if we post something that we can only see. I post a Byte, and nobody can see it, comment on it, or like it. I make it, and I’m the only one who can see it, and I will have it as a private memory card, so for the next 20 years, I will be able to go back to my previous Bytes and enjoy them myself. This way, numbers are not relevant.

But we post on Byte or other social media because we want to SHARE with other people. We want other people to see our Byte and enjoy it. This way, numbers are relevant.

Social Media is INTERACTIVE, meaning there is me with other people. Remember this word, this word is the purpose, core, philosophy, and foundation.

So, what can we do?

1 Don’t worry TOO MUCH (this is the key word, TOO MUCH) about something that is out of your control. That something is:

• Number
  • Other People’s Opinion
  • Fame

2 Don’t pretend that we are ABSOLUTELY and POSITIVELY not worried about number on social media. We are HUMANS, not robots, and it is important to accept the reality and circumstances.

3 Focus on something that is in your control. That something is:

• Content
  • Talent
  • How I Treat Other People

Lastly, be OPTIMISTIC about it. How we set our mindset dictates our destiny.

When you get 10 likes,
Don’t be: “Damn, only 10 Likes? I am so disappointed. There are other big creators that get hundreds of likes that I am jealous of. I want to give up. I will never get there.”

But, be: "Wow! 10 Likes? I am so happy. There are other big creators that get hundreds of likes that I admire. I want to be better. I will get there someday. "

Also, put on a ZEN mode, this helps tremendously.

I really like how the Byte team is shaping this app to be talent-focused, rather than number-focused, which differentiates it from other social media platforms.

16 Likes

THANK YOU! Now I know that somebody understands me when I say that we really do crave attention and recognition, whether it’s a little or a lot.

You are so right when you say that other people’s opinion is out of your control. We as content creators CANNOT please everybody, no matter how hard we try. That’s why byte is great in that it has such a wide variety of content and creators.

And I immediately followed your advice to turn on Zen Mode! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:100::100::100:

2 Likes

What are numbers?

2 Likes

I’ll link this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

bump

But seriously you’re right people gotta just make content cause they like it and to some people even getting 7 likes is a lot. People gotta stop comparing to those on popular. If you’re happy with your content dont get discouraged. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Literally have had this feeling ever since i set foot onto social media nearly 10 years ago! It’s worked out well for me but reality is a scary thing for some people. You need to be dedicated and ready to go. If there’s any doubt in your mind, you won’t get where you want to be or accomplish what you’re eyeing. Believe in yourself, and if you can’t right now, make the changes necessary to get to that mentality. It doesn’t happen over night, but it doesn’t take years either. Be proactive and evaluate yourself every so many months to see if you’re on track.

2 Likes

as soon as you start focusing on the numbers you STOP having FUN! And that kinda ruins the vibe ngl.

7 Likes

Exactly. What matters most is that we are getting creative, have fun, and enjoy what we do. We don’t need numbers to measure how our stuff is good, it’s important that we ourselves are satisfied on our works and confident to put them out there, no matter how engagement it received because personal satisfaction will always be more than other people’s validation.

4 Likes

I need numbers because I feel like a statistician when looking at them.

2 Likes