Stop worrying about followers

I’ve seen a lot of discussions regarding followers. How to get them, back-door-spam-accounts, ect. I’ve said it elsewhere, but trying to get followers is the least interesting thing you could do. Revine for revine, spam accounts, meme accounts, were all nails in the coffin in the first version of vine. You had a whole breed of viner, who made awful ‘relateable’ content, stole ideas from more talented people, and were awful community members, and why? Because it became about numbers. I’ve seen people chase numbers, it’s an empty pursuit. What should be important is making quality content, and being a good community member. Communicate, get involved, revine, encourage others, collaborate. It’s nice to be noticed for what you do, sure, but it shouldn’t be about quantity of followers, but the QUALITY of your follower. Make cool stuff, people will follow you, and if they don’t, keep at it. :v:t3::blue_heart:

15 Likes

I love your mind set!

(topic may be “off topic” tho)

4 Likes

Totally agree! Thanks for pointing that out to everyone because I think it’s important to not get so caught up in followers, likes, favs, retweets, reviled etc. but so many people still worry about them anyway and it doesn’t help anybody

And ya like @ash said, this should be moved to the “off topic” catagory. But thanks for sharing it!

4 Likes

This message has probably been said a few times before but it delivers the message. I agree 1000% :exclamation:

4 Likes

great message.

i will be moving this to off topic :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t feel it is, but if you feel you must, then go for it KadenfromV2 :wink:

2 Likes

worry about having fun :smiley:

1 Like

PSA: IF YOU DON’T THINK THIS IS A RELEVANT CONCERN Go WATCH EPISODE ONE OF SEASON THREE OF BLACK MIRROR UNTIL YOU DON’T RELATE TO IT ANYMORE

3 Likes

So true it’s not even funny omg :sob::sob:

2 Likes

“Love yourself. Accept yourself”

3 Likes

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK ( and the people that are going to drop in tomorrow thinking this is the app already)

2 Likes

At the end of the day, its about marketing and strategy. You cannot deny this. Nothing just happens by coincidence. This topic is sort of similar, and I definitely recommend it: