Stop worrying about engagement

That’s it. That’s the post. Have fun. Stop worrying about numbers. Have fun. Be nice to each other. Have fun. Don’t drive yourself crazy over numbers on a screen. Have fun.

78 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better :metal:

10 Likes

DON’T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE.

(In all seriousness, great reminder. Thanks!)

15 Likes

yeah stop

50 Likes

yeah

9 Likes

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

8 Likes

17 Likes

Ye think I’m gonna stop answering all of the engagement related questions.

8 Likes

Yeah, stop :joy:

I LOVE y’all! Thank you!

(Ack, I wrote this at night and I edited it cuz I think I said everything wrong now I’m having anxiety over this post maybe I should delete)

3 Likes

Post things that you think are funny, comment and like other things that are funny and make new friends. Finding friends will help with engagement. Be cool. Make friends.

8 Likes

Bro, thank you! It wasn’t till last month back I’m March I fully accepted who cares about the numbers​:joy: some people still do. If you make actual content that’s good, by the time this app grows it will be seen. Some people on this forum page (not all), will ask ppl to critique there work not because they want the critic but they are trying to get more eyes on there page. It’s just a Byte, post it! If it’s good, post it! If it’s bad and you posted it, make it better. I swear I was just going with the consistency and flow of posting bytes regardless of views before this pandemic occurred which made me an “essential worker”. I’ll be back next week :joy: Post bytes when you can, don’t let numbers discourage you! Lol. You don’t know if a Byte is good till you post it (unless it’s obviously bad in your drafts section) Don’t be discouraged due to numbers.

7 Likes

the only engagement you should be worried about is how many loops you’ve watched- byte addiction is a real struggle, be sure to take breaks for things like sleeping and work every so often :pensive:

13 Likes

also, no need to be defensive when new people come in and make fun of the app… that’s not a good look at all. just laugh and say what’s up

53 Likes

This is fantastic advice. Byte is such a good platform for just scratching that creative itch. I’ve met so many cool people here and posting / consuming is just as much fun now as it was when I first started. If you enjoy making the stuff you make, and find others who make stuff you like, you’ll have a real good time :call_me_hand:.

6 Likes

yeah stop that too

5 Likes

Absolutely.
How are we suppose to grow if we’re defensive and attack someone for not liking the app? We need to show them what this community is about - let’s show them how awesome byte is. They might change their mind.

8 Likes

I’m just gonna do what I’ve been doing. Drinking my grape juice and making chaotic evil content

14 Likes

This is my favorite thread this far. Jumping off this, make something because you think it’s good. Don’t make something to “get a reaction.” That’s when you look like a real toot.

7 Likes

#truth :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

So true, it’s all about having fun , making people smile and enjoying the app. Best part is meeting such awesome people and building connections!

5 Likes