Stop Asking For Famous OG V***rs To Get Banned

“Let’s ban Lele Pons, KingBach, Christian Delgrosso, etc.”
“Ban old popular viners from v2”

Just think about it for a second, and it doesn’t make sense. It really shows you the subtle greed that quite a lot of people have for becoming famous on the app. Their logic is that, with the “big guys” out of the way, becoming popular will be easier. Of course, we would all like to be successful on the app, but punishing people for doing so is just jealousy. People like Logan Paul being banned because of what he’s done on YouTube is ridiculous. I don’t like him either, but stricter rules and harsher consequences are all that’s needed.

11 Likes

Changed category to Youtube and Other Services
(mainly because these creators are on different platforms)

You are right in saying that, it doesn’t do any good to ban users, and the rules need to address such behaviors

6 Likes

I agree. This is supposed to be a nice big community yet other people want to exclude others from the new app just because they are already recognized by others.

4 Likes

No one should be banned… New app, fresh start.

4 Likes

Exactly, if they come back they should start from scratch like the rest of us, despite they have fame already :unamused:

4 Likes

Yo, this is great! This didn’t really come to mind, but amazing thread!

1 Like

Jealousy?

The possible reason for smaller or new V2’ers requesting for the best viners like Lele Pons, Rudy Mancuso, Amanda Cerny or Hannah Stocking may be because the new Viners or Old Viners may be jealous of the fame and money that they get/got.

Dom has already made a Forum about this - he wants everyone on V2 to get some fame - even if it’s just a few people noticing them. It would be nice if more people were noticed - but most people do not want to see new viners - they want to see the old ones. Although - the concept of V2 is to have lots of new Viners!

Link:

1 Like

The link to Dom’s topic that you posted isn’t related to my topic, or even your post, for that matter. Aside from maybe the name of his topic(?), I don’t understand what exact purpose it was supposed to serve.

Nowhere is this stated in the topic that you linked.

I’m with you, bro. Honestly, I’m excited if they come back. If you can make it through these guys to reach the top, then the reward truly was earned.

5 Likes

The Original Vine has categories and in those they had a section with upcoming vines, that didn’t seem to help a lot but maybe V2 can make that more successful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s jealousy. I think some people don’t want ex-viners ruining their chance at success and fame. Also some people just don’t like certain viners as people in general.

2 Likes

word 8char

1 Like

I’m sure it’s just that. Because if the ex-viners come back they would be getting attention the most leaving new content creators in the cold.

1 Like

oh, i thought that’s what i said. sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

p sure issa joke

1 Like

Yes. 100% agree

1 Like

Don’t ban them to “get the famous people out of the way.” ban them because lele, logan, jake, bach, curtis lepore, etc. make TRASH content that is both cringy and offensive

2 Likes

Offensive content should be taken care of, yes. But I wouldn’t think that cringe-worthy content deserves to be banned. I’m sure everything is cringy from certain perspectives.

2 Likes

See, but it’s not offensive content that people get pissed about. those kind of people made content that just abused bad stereotypes and still made the popular page day after day after day. There’s no logical argument to kick them off the app other than the fact that they simply made Vine a worse place. They polluted the popular page with content that simply wasn’t good. I’m curious as to what your opinion is on why we should keep people that make the app a worse place? Bear in mind, many of these viners we’re discussing were in fact the ones who asked for $1.2M each to keep the app up.

i truly do want to know your opinion and don’t mean to use any kind of “tone” i’m just very passionate

I don’t like them as well and I would also rather them not use the app, but it’s inevitable. There’s a difference between them not using the app and actually banning them from using it.
If it were up to me, I wouldn’t “keep” these people either, but banning them is questionable.

Who deserves to get banned? Is it based off of your specific likes and dislikes? Or the next person’s?