Stay Safe Everyone

As most of you know there was a fatal school shooting yesterday in Parkland, Florida that killed 17 people and injured many others. This is the 18th school shooting happening this year, which is totally unacceptable. I’m typing this an hour after I get out of school, thankful that nothing bad has ever happened at my school. I don’t want to sound like a “debbie downer” but it saddens me that every day students have their life unnecessarily at risk every time they step onto campus. It angers me that nothing has been done about this and people are still dying because of mentally ill people having easy access to weapons. Every time I hear about another terrorist attack my heart breaks thinking that this is the norm in this world. It can happen to anyone at any time, so if you hear anything suspicious at your school or place of work, do not hesitate to say something about it. I’ve had around 10 kids at my school arrested because someone spoke up about the threats they were making on social media. If you have the capability of stopping an act of hate, then please do so.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the students, staff, families, and friends who are emotionally and physically stressed in Parkland and in other nations, knowing that someone close to them won’t ever come home again. I hope people will come to realize that this is not acceptable at all. I hope that someday all of it can stop, but for now please stay safe.

8 Likes

The guns that were available around the time the 2nd amendment was created, were not military grade weapons.

Just something to think about.

4 Likes

They are the equivalent to modern day hand guns or rifles, as a comparison. Even so, you’re right; they were not used in times of war, just for property or self protection.

Wow I did not know what had happened, you’re right, the United States is one of the few countries in the world that has so easy to acquire weapons, they should change that.

1 Like

on the same day of the shooting a kid in my school hit another kid in the head with a chromebook and he had to go to the hospital. that same night the police were at the school because they got a tip of a threatening story about a school shooter. then yesterday a girl dumped milk on someone’s head for being a complete arse. so yeah, definitely stay safe kids :+1:

1 Like

I’m from Asia. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families :frowning:

1 Like