Starting Youtube?

Should I start a YouTube channel?
What are the pros and cons of becoming a Youtuber?

1 Like

Pros- Can be super fun
Cons- Lots of time and dedication. YT is also a saturated platform

2 Likes

Most definitely but it will be harder than you think,the only con is that it’s not immediate… so why not YouTube and something else like musically or another app where you can build a following and transfer them to your YouTube.

1 Like

It’s a lot of fun but a lot of work.

2 Likes

Pros- If you like being creative, you know the pros already. Creating stuff and the feelings it can bring to an artist is something I don’t think can be explained.

Cons- It’s a TON of work. Like, hours upon hours. Research, learning new skills, practicing. Coming up with ideas/scripts, editing, finding the right assets. Pressure/expectations (mostly from yourself)

I definitely understand why the youtubers I’ve followed for years say you need to be in it because you love doing videos. If you don’t love creating, it’s gonna burn you up quickly

2 Likes

Pro: people check out your stuff from time to time, you get some sort of audience.

Con: there will be people who either don’t like your content, or will constantly hound you about making MORE content. I’ve had to ban people from my channel because they kept asking me to make stuff I didn’t wanma make anymore.