Square or full screen vertical?

I vaguely, remember seeing a demo of V2 being full screen horizontal. What are everyone’s thoughts on this? I personally think it’s a good idea.

6 Likes

How about a double support feature to use either one like Instagram does, but better. As well, I hope verification will be available again, and can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store for us! Keep up the great work!

6 Likes

Yeah I agree with Ezra, but vine always had better quality.

1 Like

I am for full screen vertical!!

1 Like

i’m definitely thinking they should at least do a different aspect ratio for sure

1 Like

if videos were full screen, how would you get around phones with different aspect ratios (i.e. iPhone X vs 6,7,8 etc.) would wider screens just have bars around those videos? or would they be cut off like snapchat?

3 Likes

Personally, I loved the square format, but wouldn’t be opposed to widescreen so that you can turn your phone to fill the screen. But I’m iffy about full screen like Snapchat or Instagram stories.

2 Likes

that’s why i think there should a middle ground. maybe not full vertical but maybe 16:9?

1 Like

Basically they’d be all 1080x1920. Phones will be able to natively display it as efficiently as possible.

1 Like

I dont want this. I would like the old version where its nostalgic but a pinch of new.

2 Likes

I think having both aspect ratios that was in Vine would be nice for this new app.

yeah, I know what you mean. One thing I struggled with was having a good vine that would make a great youtube video idea, but I’d have to shoot it twice because one was square and the other was full screen.

i personally think the square makes it more comedic but i don’t really mind

1 Like

I would just prefer to have it squared

2 Likes

It should support both like Instagram so people have more flexibility with how they film their videos.

3 Likes

I do like square, solely for the purpose of a larger image than widescreen. It’s a closer image if that makes sense. If you remember when Vine offered the widescreen option towards the end, you’ll know what I mean. But widescreen wouldn’t be the worst. The worst option would be full screen in my opinion. Square is perfect for the reason that it’s versatile.

1 Like

optional to do both would be preferred

2 Likes

I really like the idea of horizontal because it give artists and comedians a wider range of possibilities on v2

1 Like

Squared is much better to any device, it’s simple and we feel like Old School is back! I guess

2 Likes

Initially I started this thread leaning more towards vertical, but now I’m not so sure vertical is the best option lol :smile: