#spotlight to be in spotlight?

So I have seen many people putting hashtag spotlight, I asked one of them they said we put because we want to be in spotlight. Is it true like should we put #spotlight to be in spotlight ? Please don’t do that

4 Likes

I feel like that’s not how it works since the current bytes on Spotlight aren’t doing that. I’m pretty sure byte hand picks which bytes to be in spotlight.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s not how it works, but what do I know :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Lol, I’m not getting featured in the spotlight anytime soon; which I like. I’ve discovered so many well-deserved content creators.
— if creators that uses the hashtag to cheat the system with this then I don’t what else to believe. Small small creators, want their content to be seen so it helps out for it to be featured.

For the time being, I’ll avoid the hashtag cause I’m not desperate! :man_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Many people have many kinds of superstitions about getting into well known places on video platforms. Like #trending or #popularpage. That’s like saying #1000likes to get 1000 likes. No just most of the hashtag things are placebo things tbh.

6 Likes

Spotlight is hand picked by the team

7 Likes

#PleaseHandpickMeTeam #ILoveYouDom

3 Likes

I don’t think that it work in this way, in the first days one of my post got into the spotlight but I didn’t used any tag

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you #spotlight hashtag, #yourmix and #yourmixpage it’ll get you into spotlight and your mix respectively.

At the risk of someone believing me, I’m joking. If I were the staff I’d probably actively avoid posts that have #spotlight hashtags LUL

6 Likes

I was on the spotlight yesterday. I don’t have access to hashtags yet. I didn’t tag it with anything, I simply captioned it and posted it. I posted it Thursday at around 8:00PM and when I checked the spotlight yesterday (Friday) at 7:00 PM, I was the second featured byte.

So, no, I don’t think it has anything to do with hashtags.

4 Likes

Well congratulations for being on spotlight follow me @Furkanaibani

I had the same experience. I did notice that two other people who got spotlighted around me were Bytonians in my “orbit” which I think gives me an idea of how the staff works. But, also, I’m not going to try and wrap my head around it and be ok when it happens and ok when it doesn’t.

Just for complete clarity, the spotlight section is chosen completely by the byte team, not tags, views, followers, just the video! Going to close since this is the answer, and any further discussion would likely just cause confusion!

3 Likes