Special badges?

I like the system reddit/snapchat have, where you receive special badges or “trophies” for doing certain stuff. getting so many views on a post, using certain features of the app, participating in special events, etc.

8 Likes

was thinking the same thing

2 Likes

I got 12 Badges :smiley:

2 Likes

The point is because there are people that would impersonate people like me. Someone who has worked very hard to get the reputation they have and the fans they have so people know who is real and who isn’t. Trolls will ruin the image of artists by posting things that shouldn’t be posted and much more, I had to hire a lawyer last year because of issues like this to force it to stop. So verification really does help, and it’s not for “bragging” purposes, it’s so people know that we artists are who we say we are. I hope that’s enough information, if you would like some evidence of how bad it can get, then message me on Facebook www.facebook.com/EzraRomanov

3 Likes

I think badges would be beneficial. Not everyone should get a badge.
https://community.byte.co/t/dhof-verified/1193/16?source_topic_id=1057

3 Likes

i sort of hinted that we’re exploring different options in the other thread. unfortunately, verification is a bragging right for some people but there is definitely a need for someone to be able to prove they are who they say they are. i’d like for us to do a better job with that this time around. keybase.io has an interesting approach.

39 Likes

alright thank you for this response dom :exploding_head::star_struck: keybase.io kind of looks like discord. Would that be another group? Or where we chat with another?

4 Likes

Its an interesting idea

2 Likes

so it’s encryption for everyone?

2 Likes

dom is right, verified status is bragged about because of rarity. but what if we had a couple variants of a verification; that gives everyone a chance but also legitimized those who would be more vulnerable to impersonating

5 Likes

keybase’s identification allows you to claim/link to your identity on other services. so you could prove that you are “janedoe” on twitter or “marybixler” on youtube.

if v2 had something like that, you’d prove you are who you say you are by claiming your identities elsewhere on the web. it’s not as simple as a checkmark, but it’s also fairly objective and difficult to mistake for a status symbol or endorsement.

as far as status symbols go, if we do them, i’m in favor of something that is clearly defined and gives everyone a shot. there could be badges that are tied to specific goals or achievements, similar to the ones on this forum.

39 Likes

alright cool what is needed to identify yourself, id’s and such?

4 Likes

My question exactly.

2 Likes

So if we reach Level 2 and onward, we get like a flower symbol or an apple to show we have finished the lower tier? haha a flower.

The Keybase idea does sound fair and doesn’t bring the braggadocios attitude when it comes to receive a verified symbol.

7 Likes

Would “badges” or any other form of status symbol(s) be displayed within an artists profile page, possibly above a loop-count (if one is still implemented)?

5 Likes

instagram actually has a special link that if given to those who are wanting to get verified (the celebs) where they create a ticket and it is reviewed extensively by an instgram staff team (atleast im pretty sure(its more than likely more elaborate than that))

but yes giving off a verification for certain medias like twitter, and instagram would be efficient but then provide the badges that can also show things like: time on v2, forums, accomplishments, or legitimization (which i wish showed up on my user card on forums)

5 Likes

what’s a user card

3 Likes

apparently we have user cards but i have no idea where they are, lol

5 Likes

same but usually a user card shows when you click your photo and displays your stats :frowning:

2 Likes

In your settings under profile is where they should be for the forum

3 Likes