Something I wrote some time ago about the death of V***

So when Vine died the first time I posted some thoughts that I had along with some letters that I sent to the Vine people about a year before it’s timely passing. I had some major issues with some of the decisions that were being made on the platform and this might be a good place to post the feedback. Let me know what you think!

Thoughts on the Death of Vine

9 Likes

OGVHS speaks words of wisdom.

1 Like

Look who it is!!!

truly deep, write something for my funeral

1 Like

thank you for sharing this

8 Likes

Thanks Dom. Glad to see you checking the forums! I was a pretty loud advocate for certain changes in the original platform and I hope this all gets taken into consideration with the new app.

3 Likes

Sweet it’s nicelt categorised now

1 Like

Nicely* 8char

Wow, that was amazingly written… Like, I feel so bad for you… Like, Deep.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this with us. I agree with your points on both sensitive topics and the sexualization of minors. Although certain sensitive topics (or just the use of words) can enhance a comedic effect, even if self-targeted, should be avoided. The sensitivity and effect behind these topics or words may be very strong for certain people, and that’s not something to be taken lightly. I believe that this should be extended to all forms of prejudice and derogatoriness.

The sexualization of minors should also be taken very seriously. I am a full supporter of respecting others’ choices and what they do with their body. I would not tell anyone to change the way they act or dress. But, actively promoting the topic (even if by computed selection of trending topics) is a different story. In today’s society, we see a perpetuation of so called “rape culture” which is becoming increasingly hard to combat.

1 Like

Thanks Wizard. re:sexualization of minors I think that people should be able to post whatever they want but Vine should NOT be promoting it. That’s where I was trying (and likely failing) to focus what I was saying. I’m all for free speech, just not for the platform promoting the worst of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, this is exactly what I’m thinking as well.