Something I like about Byte is it's the one social media that doesn't make me angry all the time

I feel like most social media is built around that little high you feel when you see something that just makes you angry or sort of bait you into a conversation.

I’ll wake up in the morning and I’ll go through twitter or reddit and keep scrolling until I find some sort of jackass saying some sort of upsetting thing…or a scary provoking headline that makes me feel just a little anxious.

I don’t get that with Byte. I scroll and I scroll and I scroll and I just see people’s personalities. Hundreds of people putting on a tiny 16-second show for the world. I really like that.

I think that it’s one of the reasons I keep going back to Byte is that there’s something about it that feels very constructive. And community-oriented, and hope that as it grows that aspect of it continues to bloom.

19 Likes

:pleading_face: beautifully stated. Same. :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes. This.

1 Like

this looks like elaborate propaganda to stop the lengthening of byte durations i’m onto you :eye:

but yeah i agree. there’s just something so raw about byte (and i have that on tiktok too), but its a lot better on byet imo (tt tends to be raw but fake at the same time if that makes sense)

2 Likes

It’s why I’m here, and am posting less and less on other social media.

I’ll go on twitter to stay connected with friends and news and biz, but then I come to byte as a detox.

2 Likes

this seems really depressing i’m ngl