Someone made a fake byte app on playstore ( @dom )

What the actual…

And this is the logo

Wow.

11 Likes

Just found this one too lmao

2 Likes

Huh looks like it basically just directs you to byte compilations on YouTube.

1 Like

The problem is , the first one has the actual name of the app.

2 Likes

Yeah i get that, but the actual app shows up first when you search and has 100k+ compared to the 1k+ for that one so it’s probably not an immediate issue. Maybe they’ll have that one taken down eventually🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

I know ! But that’s for the countries byte is actually available in, it’s not available in india . When you search byte from here it shows up this copied app, since the population is wayyyyy bigger , there’s no question the fake one can attract even more crowd than the original one.

1 Like

Ew EWWWW aghhh the logo!!

1 Like

And with over 1k downloads that sucks. But I think the best thing we can do is report it ourselves, on the app store. I recall back when there was all those fake v2s (cue old timey music while I’m leaning back in a rocking chair) but I dont think the byte team was ever able to remove them themselves? They seemed to rise and die off, not sure how though.

3 Likes

lmfaoo a whole app to figure out how to delete ur account

4 Likes

I CAN’T LMAO. They didn’t even try to make it a bit different I-…Peope are boooooored. :joy: :sob:

I call this a win more than an issue! As soon as I start seeing copycat apps, I go, “oh, there must be something cool about the main app.”

2 Likes

Do I think we should report these, yes absolutely! BUT HEY at least people think Byte is good enough that it’s worth counterfeiting :star_struck:

4 Likes

Plot twist, that’s the real app and we’re all on the wrong one.

12 Likes

We’ve done been bamboozled :flushed:

1 Like

8 Likes

Oh my if this is the real app, then we’ve been on the wrong app all along lol

1 Like

The only reason thing for @dom to do is sue and split the winnings to every Byter on Byte.

The fact is , India has more Audience , more consumers for content, yet the app is still unreleased here after 6 months.

1 Like

The logo was made using MS Paint on a Windows 95 machine :laughing:

1 Like