So how do shadow bans work?

My newest post got shadow banned. it’s more than appropriate for the app and I’d like to repost it.

Can anyone confirm any details on how this happens and what I can do to get the video up the next time I post it? If it’s automated then surely there is a problem with it and if it’s manual then I’m going to need more answers on it.

Update: my video was restored and is now public. But it also was temporarily taken down confirmed by many friends

3 Likes

Last I heard byte doesn’t shadow ban

3 Likes

Same here :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

As in I don’t remember byte shadow banning

1 Like

@CubeOfCheese @PDSC

My video was temporarily taken down but it was restored about 20 minutes after this post. Maybe this counts as something other than shadow banning? But my video went through some kind of filter/review

1 Like

Interesting

It could also be a bug, Sometimes the latest video on my account doesn’t display until I refresh several times.

I suspect either
A Bug
or A copyright detection filter? (dunno if this even exists but maybe?)

Byte is not shaddowbanning people currently

1 Like

that post was hidden. this is usually reserved for content that explicitly breaks the terms (i.e. nudity, extreme violence) (permanent) or has a very high likelihood of breaking the terms and needs another look (temporary). in this case it was neither and was actually a mistake in an external process. we’re looking into what triggered it. i don’t have any specific advice, unfortunately. it shouldn’t have triggered, but false positives happen in rare instances (in general significantly less on byte than other apps) and we look at reports like this to get better and learn from them

13 Likes

That’s actually a very detailed explanation. I appreciate it a lot.

AND NOW TO RESTORE MY POST TO ITS FORMER GLORY

2 Likes

I told you not to post that byte of you naked and acting extremely violent! Terms and conditions bro

2 Likes