👀 Snapchat just added short looping videos

Look at this update Snapchat just released today:

SHORT LOOPING VIDEOS :eyes: I think they’re getting nervous about Byte. Instagram did something just like this after Vine became popular.

21 Likes

Yeah that’s been going on for about a week now. I was wondering though why the next story didn’t get played after watching the current one.

9 Likes

snapchat never can add up to other apps. no comment section or anything just makes it weird to me

8 Likes

Snapchat is dying soz fam

7 Likes

Idk how that works but dont they already have a loop option for your videos? Because ive been doing that forever lol

5 Likes

I find it funny how YouTube and Instagram stole stories from snap, now snap has heard rumors about vines return now they wanna steal lol. Snapchat will end up like kik messenger

7 Likes

This has been out for ages for me over a month. And I don’t think it was their intention because byte is coming out. It’s a completly diffrent concept

6 Likes

For real! I deleted it like 3 years ago and have only been on once in the last 3 years. It’s a dying platform

2 Likes

I don’t really use Snapchat, so, I’m just noticing this in the latest update.

Have they always promoted this as “short looping videos”? It seems a bit on purpose to describe it that way. Maybe it’s just a coincidence.

6 Likes

Cameos are nothing like bytes. They’re short looping videos but that’s all they have in common. They’re premade videos that just overlay your face on another video (like a low tech deepfake) and you can only send them in chats. IMO not a competitor to byte at all.

4 Likes

It’s a dying platform that was in the top 10 downloaded apps of 2019 and is gaining users faster than instagram?

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s downloaded more that IG :thinking: Butttttt at least among myself and the people i’ve been around, people more focus on IG, YT and Twitter. Snap’s kinda boring

6 Likes

Yup. Instagram has more users overall, but Snapchat is gaining them twice as fast (even tho they have less).

2 Likes

yeah they do this thing called IGTV but that’s more for longer video now trying to compete with YouTube. Really the only people squirming are those who have flaky users.

2 Likes

We’re making them shake in their boots :sunglasses: they see our potential

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Byte is a thing for its own…dnt worry