Snap Kit Integration

Heyyo… So I should be going to bed but Nah. Lmao anyways… A way that we can improve the byte camera is by maybe using the Snapchat Camera AR Kit? Developing a whole new AR platform for filters is difficult so why not just use something that is good and already exists… This would allow us to add AR Snapchat Filters from an already existing platform thriving with creators, we could add bitmoji in the DM’s in the future if the Byte team ever decides on that, etc. Considering that its free, I don’t see a reason why the Byte team wouldn’t like it or use it…

This would add a huge catalogue of more creative features for the team without much development and imo would improve the app… Just a thought lol…

see ya

12 Likes

I commented this same thing basically in another thread. Your post is more thought out though. Yes I think this would be super cool

1 Like

I know imagine all the kinds of different integrations that would really help byte out. Like an integration with discord for auto roles or working with Premier rush or editing app to easily be edited and uploaded and soo much more potentials for byte to grow!

1 Like

this is a fantastic idea that would put byte and its editor way ahead of any other platform… really brilliant idea!

3 Likes

in what use case would you need discord to assign roles based on byte activity?

2 Likes

im bumping this cuz like yea… fight me lmao

1 Like

Seems like a good idea. I like it😌

2 Likes

I wish we could integrate snap codes too

2 Likes

im a fan of snap like codes but not snapcodes themselves… there is no way to redirect those to byte so… yeah lol

3 Likes

Yeah I know :disappointed:
Byte codes please

3 Likes

You might assign a top fan for someone who like a bunch of your bytes or a top commentor etc. So many different things you could do with discord integration but not just discord so many other integrations I feel would make the creative process of byte easier.

bumping this lol

If they implement snapchat filters they won’t even have to make colorcustomizer since it’s there

1 Like

yeah i feel like it would save the byte team soooo much work and add a feature that is genuinely liked by many??? like why not?

1 Like

It might come with some restrictions that prevent them from building other editing features

1 Like

I like the idea + considering how easy it is to create snapchat filters, it would add many new possibilities to create funny and creative videos

1 Like

i dont think snapchar has any restrictions set on their camera api? as it would only be used for recording content the editing part would be entirely separate from the main camera… i think that would be a win win for us and snapchat! all the filters in the world, would add so many more possibilities to us as creators and users that it would be imo spectacular.

I KNOW!!! i hope they at least take a look around and see if they could make this…