Singing Tutorials

I noticed that many of you byters are pretty good at singing. Would you care to share any good tutorials or voice coaching on YouTube that has worked for you?
Also, do you guys take vocal lessons or are you naturally talented?

4 Likes

I wish I could help :frowning: I’ve never had any lessons or instruction on how to sing. I’ve only tried doing karaoke on YouTube and that’s what kinda got me to listen to music closely and learn how to follow melody and vibrations that music gives off! I would love any tips or advice tho from anyone!! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmnnnn…So you’re one of those natural talents huh :thinking: Haha :hugs:
I wonder if there’s any hope for me now…:laughing:

I never had lessons but I learned professional techniques and my actual vocal range after getting into a touring choir in college. So unfortunately I don’t have video recommendations but… I could make byte tutorials if you wanted?

1 Like

Byte tutorials? Oh gosh. That would be awesome :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
There should be a new category on byte called tutorials…lol

1 Like

In my experience, learning to sing is one of those things like therapy where you really need to pay a professional to give you what YOU need, not a generalized service.

If you don’t have someone with a trained ear helping you out, you could be straining your vocal cords without relizing, or in worst case scenarios damaging them. Also, if you are learning wrongly because no one can correct you, you can pick up bad habits that are really hard to correct later on because muscle memory is hard to change.

2 Likes

I’ve never had singing lessons personally, but one of my favorite YouTube channels for singing is called, “New York Vocal Coaching.” Here’s one of my favorite videos on their channel because it talks about ways you can practice at home:

If I could give any piece of advice, it would be to make sure that while you are practicing on your own, always stop if you feel pain in your throat because it means something is wrong technique-wise. I’ve made the mistake of pushing my voice farther than I should have and ended up injuring it for a while. Oh and stay hydrated lol.

Best of luck with singing! :smile:

5 Likes

@LittleDewDroplets Right. I’ll keep that in mind. Gotta protect my pipes…lol

@HeyWhatsNew That’s a great video. What I hear myself singing and what I hear after the recording is totally different (and not what I’d expect…haha) His last tip was “community” and I think he must have been talking about byte’s community. :laughing:

1 Like

you’ve never had singing lessons??? coulda fooled me :exploding_head:

jk you’re a natural bb x

2 Likes

Thank you Annam! :pleading_face::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Look up Dr. Dan’s singing lessons or Singgeek on YouTube. I think it’s helpful to learn how sounds are produced, and the science/techniques behind different stylizations. So that you can find what works best for you and your own sound. I don’t think people need professional training, just the basics. Then practice A LOT until you produce the sound you’re looking for.
https://youtu.be/e-9LPpsBidE

2 Likes

This is just what I was looking for. I used to try singing from the diaphragm but always end up straining my throat instead. I’m going to try these exercises. Thanks for the tip :hugs:

1 Like