Shy in front of the camera

Hey, so I’m a really shy person and I have never recorded myself in fornt of a camera. So that means I have no practice, I have tried some times in order to be good when v2 comes out but I always think that the video is really bad. Do you have any advices or is it just parcticing a lot?

8 Likes

You can start by posting beautiful scenes of nature around you. Go artsy?

2 Likes

hahah that’s actually a good idea! :rofl:

1 Like

thanks for your advice! i really appreciate it!:heart:

1 Like

I used to get so nervous, especially after uploading… I thought ppl would judge me. But after a few times of doing it it got less scary and now I can’t wait to do videos again.doing a live stream and having ppl hype me up was what really helped me get over it… I’m still so shy I’m person though. I hope that helps because I know how it feels.

2 Likes

Just start. Ull get better at it as u go.

2 Likes

thank you so much for you message! it really inspires me and I’ll try to do what you told me! :blush:

I’d say just start with one video and then keep making more and more (doesn’t mean they all have to be super amazing). Every time you get yourself to be in front of the camera is one step closer to becoming comfortable with the camera :blush: best of luck can’t wait to see you on V2!!!

2 Likes

I hope you do, because I used to get nervous I’d get shakey and it was very obvious and I’m not like that anymore, so I really hope you do.

2 Likes

thanks!! I can’t wait to see you on v2 either!

No problem! Hope it helps :smile: :heart:

1 Like
  1. why be intimidated by a small phone camera? think about it, the lens is the size of an ant!
  2. we’re a great, warm community, so don’t be shy!
1 Like

same here, i feel super awkward speaking in front of a camera, i’m thinking of practicing when my family is not home. Only way to become less shy in front of the camera is to speak in front of the camera. There is no other way, face your fears :slight_smile: Me for instance used to be scared of heights, and now me and my mom is thinking of going parachuting from a plane this summer lol.

2 Likes

i can realate to the first part so much :joy:! and yes, we have to face our fears! i hope to see you on v2!!!

1 Like

yea hope to see you on v2 too! :smiley:

2 Likes

on thing is maybe practicing in front of a mirror lol. then you can try doing the video. just remember, if you don’t like the video, you can always redo it or abandon it!

2 Likes

I don’t think this is for the Hype category… but camera shyness is a real thing and i feel the exact same way… hopefully it’ll get better! just make a lot of practice videos and promise yourself to never post them anywhere!

1 Like

I’m never shy in front of the camera, but I can never act something out or do something in front of the camera in public. I get way too embarrassed

2 Likes

Just say whatever comes to your mind, and be more confident with what you say. That way you can go ALL OUT when recording! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a shy person too, so I know exactly where you going with this, and all I do is get comfortable with the camera and pretend that I’m someone else, just like if I was taking a Snapchat video

1 Like