Should V2 have ads?

• option 1 Yes !
  • option 2 No!
  • option 3 If we get paid!

0 voters

1 Like

If it’s like ad banners on the bottom of the screen then possibly; but NOT video ones.

12 Likes

Why would any viewer ever want ads?

1 Like

It’s one of the MAIN reasons Vine originally ended, so something has to be done

6 Likes

Vine ended because it didn’t evolve fast enough and it was sold to a soul sucking company who didn’t care for the creators. Every creator became out for themself a community started to fall away as people saw other creators as the enemy instead of helping each other

3 Likes

Why do you think Vine shut down?

It’s not YouTube, Please no

Personally I don’t want ads, but the creators (both of the content and of the app) need to make money somehow and this seems like the most logical way :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

I don’t really want ads but I highly bet they would be there to a.) pay the creator of the app and b.) pay content creators who want to make a living off the app.

5 Likes

I’m ok with ads if it means v2 can sustain itself.

4 Likes

If ads means that v2 can continue on successfully I think it’s something worth dealing with

5 Likes

whats the point of adds if v2 lets us record longer that a min then yeah but putting ads on a 6.5 second video thats kinda stupid

Anyone saying no ads is crazy. Money doesn’t just appear. No ads killed Vine.

2 Likes

Yes.
No one likes ads but literally the reason why Vine was shut down was that Twitter wasn’t making enough money from it.
I’d be fine with bar ads or maybe an ad when you open the app if it means that @dom can keep the app running.

4 Likes

If it has ads, it will probably be like Instagram where the ad is like a regular post

5 Likes

Ads of course is going to help us and v2

2 Likes

I think ads are going to be tricky in 6-second videos. I do think boosting posts could be a solution for V2 to monetize the platform.

Ads will be hard for short vids so I think the ads would be ones you have to reach out for
Also sponsorships with companies

1 Like

Guys… Creators requesting to get paid is exactly why Vine shut down. Did we not learn? I mean do you really think you should get compensated for 6 second videos? Anybody can create a good vine. The reason YouTube has money for creators is because it takes skill to create 8-10 minute videos people want to watch. Vine shouldn’t have any revenue sharing for the creators, I mean if you only have to show up for a job for 6 seconds do you really deserve to get paid? Vine should not pay creators.

3 Likes

Or you yourself reaching out for an ad through a company