Should there be an age requirement to use/post on v2?

Oh ok, while I agree with you, I’m really unsure if they’ll allow younger people to watch content with profanities though as it would be seen as though they are encouraging younger audiences to learn and use profanities. It is really hard to cater to the needs of everyone and everyone happy so idk.

But in the end, it’s up to the development team, just wanted to suggest this as nobody else said anything similar to having different tiers of content and users.

1 Like

I think 13+ is a good age limit. Majority of users are then old enough to understand most jokes as well as behave appropriately on social media. I think adult content should also have a warning beforehand, and should be restricted to 17+.

3 Likes

Personally I do not think there should be an age limit parents should be responsible enough to be aware of what their kids are posting

But if there is an age limit around 13+

1 Like

some sort of parental feature would be best imo, however kids lie and there is no way anything can be 100%

I still and always will think there should be some sort of charge for that app. Even if it is 50 cents. I know my son is right on my grandkids when they buy or try to buy an app. I know you said it would be free but what is 50 cents or a dollar when it comes to (trying) to verify age?

1 Like

I think 13+ is good

1 Like

somewhere around 13-14+ would be good. clearly there are a lot of older teens and adults going to v2 for the throwback so who knows, maybe it won’t be as large of an issue.

1 Like

Maybe 13, but obviously people will lie.

1 Like

Age requirement could be 21 and people will still lie :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think that 13+ will be good. I know people lie about their age (even I do at 18). If they don’t have the ability to deal with some of the (appropriate) stuff posted, then they shouldn’t be here. Just my personal thoughts though.

2 Likes

I would think a YouTube-like concept would work best. You can create content, and you can view content, and do whatever you want, but things that are age restricted cannot be viewed by people under 17. Will there be liars? Yes, but the company can’t be held responsible for that.

1 Like

I think that v2 should be 13 and above. Theres a law saying that kids under 13 cant have social media and if it was 17 and above it wouldn’t have any funny teens. I think v2 should in force the 13+ thing because of what happened to musically.

2 Likes

I think the app store labeled Vine as 17+ to protect themselves not necessarily that it was for 17+ people. Maybe just to notify people that it’s not gonna be super strict like say YouTube where they want you to be family-friendly like no and that their will be a range of all sorts of diverse content from all sorts of people. V2 shoudl just do what Vine did, I don’t think it was broken like please do tell me if their was content on there that there shouldn’t have like a dead body in a suicide forest otherwise from what I saw Vine was pretty decent and cool, why fix something that isn’t broken right? :slight_smile:

Could an app cost (I.e. $1.99 full options use or such) be a possible control for age?

1 Like

I think it could help a little maybe but that’s not really what v2 is about. I’m my opinion and from what Dom has talked about it seems like V2 should be something open and accepting to everyone rather than restricting people or cutting large amounts of people out because they don’t want to pay for an app

I think 13+ is a good :,)

1 Like

Perhaps a two tiered approach? Open app but for special features you pay?

If you looked at Vines original terms of service, the age rating is the same as Twitter (13+) and even though Apple`s App Store rated the app a 17+, the Google Play Store gave it “Parental Guidance” rating in the United Kingdom, it reads “Apps do not always have pre-defined content that can be classified beforehand. Certain apps function as portals (e.g. to stream content), offering a broad, variable range of content from which consumers can choose.” This is the same rating that’s given to essentially all social media apps on the Play Store except dating apps like Tinder, that app is a 18 on the Google Play Store. In a nutshell, it means user generated content created by the USER and NOT the app maker. In the same quote it reads: “For these apps, we use the parental guidance icon, alerting parents that the app may provide access to content that is not appropriate for their child.”. If you are asking for my opinion, I think it should be 13+ and that the app should be made so it gets a 12+ instead of a 17+.

1 Like

excusemwah? insta’s age restriction is 13 years old and you can find some nasty, inappropriate photos on there however, with v2 it has strict guidelines and rules and if you flag something there is like a 75% chance of it being removed