Should I write a short story?

I started on plenty but never seem to finish. I have a love for writing but always hated language arts and English classes. I don’t know if should do something that I could be harshly judged for. I know it sounds stupid but I care what people think but only to an extent. what are y’alls thoughts?

2 Likes

if you really enjoy writing than go for it :grinning:

2 Likes

Go for it, follow your passions! Don’t care what other people think if it doesn’t really matter. Just know that you’re doing things the way you want to.

1 Like

You should totally write a short story! Also, writing is great even if it’s just for yourself. Like if you don’t want to share it with people, you don’t have to, so no one really has to judge it. Do what you love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ask your close friends or family members to read your stories and give honest feedbacks. This will help you improve plus you won’t be judged coz they’re close to you. And no, you don’t sound stupid. It’s okay. Try taking criticism in a positive way to improve yourself and don’t be afraid to take risks. All the best!!:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I say, write it. Not all writing gets to be seen by others. But people do love reading short stories, so at the least you can publish it online.

Or, you could adapt it into a screenplay or a stage play. Short films don’t often make money AFAIK, but short plays actually do, partly because they are so inexpensive to produce. A lot of writers have their short plays produced. The trick, though, is that plays have to be very good to be produced. Screenplays don’t, for various reasons.

2 Likes

Yes definitely if you can’t finish them try writting really short ones such as 500 words there are some really good 500 word stories online.

1 Like