Should I create a TikTok for the Sake of Promoting Byte?

I want to help Byte grow, even if it might mean going to the dark side and promoting the app there. Should I do it? How else can I promote the app? Are there other solutions besides a simple post on twitter and facebook?

8 Likes

My friend decided to jump on my channel with me and I’m ecstatic because I think this will free up some time and effort for other things like this. I’m going to pay close attention to this thread because I’m curious to see if there are avenues we haven’t thought of yet. We want to promote Byte not just to help our own case of being successful on the app, but because we genuinely enjoy the app and want it to do extremely well. I enjoy it both as a viewer and a creator, and that is rare IMO.

He is planning on running our joint Instagram and TikTok accounts and I’m going to do most of the work on Twitter and Byte itself. For Twitter, I’m planning on using hashtags that people are going to be searching that would tie Byte in, such as #Vine, #Vine2, #TikTok #YouTubeShorts, etc. Some people are going to dog on Byte because of their love for those platforms being tagged…but at the end of the day it brings Byte to the forefront of their minds often. Inevitably, they’ll give the app a shot—hopefully when we’re most prepared to bring in new people!

Lastly, and what I am most excited about, is that we will be starting a YouTube channel soon. “How to Grow on the Byte App,” “How to Become Byte Famous” (not really, but just for SEO purposes), “How to Get Followers on the Byte App”…videos like that. I would encourage anyone with YouTube experience or with the desire to do YouTube for this type of genre to consider doing the same. If Byte does grow and eventually blow up, there will be a lot of people typing in those very words into search just like they did for Instagram, just like they did for TikTok, just like they did for (INSERT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM HERE). When they come across and watch your video, they will see the type of enthusiasm, the type of personality, and the type of community they can expect when they arrive on Byte. Happiness and positivity like that is contagious!!!

2 Likes

So is dat a jesssss i should? lol

2 Likes

Hahaha. That is a VERY LONG AND EXPANDED JESSSSSS YOU SHOULD!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Do it do it!

1 Like

Double Agent Pepe :sunglasses:

1 Like

The Dark side? lmao just don’t do it all to often I guess. I think Tiktok shadowbans for that.

1 Like

Well thats dumb, do jewww has ze tiky toky?

It’s not very good for long term benefits promoting on tiktok. Even if you have the followers, it’s been seen multiple times that the promotion may work for a week but no retention of engagement and that’s with over 30k followers and up … from my experience the only benifits is if you build relationships in tiktok and target people that would benefit from a more creative app and DM them… byte is a slow grower, just keep up the word of mouth grind…

6 Likes

I think I would have to agree with @electronicant78 on this one.

I’d say use tiktok if you want an even bigger creative outlet :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

TBH im very hesitant. I think i might go for a youtube channel instead

1 Like

why not both?

1 Like

I dont want to be overwhelmed with handling so many platforms

1 Like

90% of my Byte content (without the logo) is up on TikTok. Although I get much more views there, I always feel empty and unsatisfied. Possibly because of the lack of community. I mean, I love that the stuff I put work into gets the “extra” eyes and ‘lols’ but I don’t know - I see myself using it less and less. And I’m no marketing guru but it seems that original content is not promoted or gets the organic reach you expect. You’re forced into following the trendy stuff - which can be fun but it’s just another thing you have to add to your time. If you like it, do it. For a person like me, I dabble with it without expecting much. I’ll still upload and in rare occasions do something trendy to see if something goes “viral,” but I won’t lose sleep on it. And to answer your question, I think you’re better off promoting yourself and Byte friends that are on TikTok because chances are they want to get noticed and promoted too.

4 Likes

I loff this, I should be promoting MYSELF. Idk i feel like Byte is what brought out his monster lol

1 Like

We’re a tribe of Monsters. What can I tell you :japanese_ogre:

I think there’s value in branching out to platforms and marketing yourself as someone who’s on byte. If people like you out there, some of them will get curious enough to check out where the action is happening. But I’m the long run I think you’re right about the slow grower

2 Likes

It’s worth the try but I doubt it’ll do something (I’ve seen a spike of TT users come and go within the span of 24-48hrs) How do I know? I followed and some haven’t uploaded ever since basically they’re inactive. — if you have loyal stans or supporters they’ll consider… otherwise, others will download the app try and leave. (Retention is low)

1 Like

I wrote a blog article about Byte to make it better known here in Germany. The article will be published tomorrow and I am curious to see how it works.

4 Likes

Thats awesome i love how international this app is

2 Likes