Sharing Bytes Through a Link

Please let us share bytes without sending the video itself! It’s so much faster to share a link and the current system makes it hard to send bytes over services that may restrict sending files in some way like discord’s 8mb file size limit, sending over text using up cellular data or just having slow internet speeds.

You should be able to press the share button and send a link to the byte and have it embed in whatever youre sending it in. This also opens up allowing the recipient to open it and view the creator to like and/or follow.

I know this feature is probably on the horizon at some point but this is a decently sized flaw with the app right now and it makes me not want to deal with the cumbersome method that’s in place at the moment whenever I want to send somebody a byte I like.

Thanks for listening, I really hope the priority of this feature is taken into consideration :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Yee this definitely needs to be a thing. I was wondering why it didn’t exist at first, it’s pretty strange to not to have any way to share specific bytes easily

5 Likes

Right now there is only the share button but im sure things like linking bytes and your account to things will come out in the future. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

This should absolutely be a thing. Went to share to Twitter earlier and was actually sad that it wasn’t a link that pointed back to the app. At this point doesn’t really seem very useful to “share” to other places.

2 Likes

Thats not what I said at all, I was saying that when you share bytes they should be sent as links rather than downloading and posting the video

1 Like

Hey, take a look here Web based viewing of bytes for sharing for my suggestion about a temporary way to deal with this.

1 Like

it’s nice to be able to download them explicitly but a link would be 10x easier to share. also, yeah slower networks would benefit greatly from it.

3 Likes

This needs to happen ASAP. Shareable clips, will draw more eyeballs to the platform.

1 Like

Excellent idea! Also, it would be beneficial when exporting the video that the video loop be no longer than 6 seconds a la Vine. I shared my first byte to twitter and was automatically uploaded as a 15 second video.

1 Like

They should add a chatting system so people can chat to their followers and send bytes to them privately.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s planned for one of the future updates, it’s just that the staff has a lot on their plate right now so we need to be patient

3 Likes

Well it shows the video looping 3 times because sometimes bytes loop

2 Likes

True, however, when I shared Vines to Twitter the video was only 6 seconds when it looped.

That’s because twitter automatically loops. What if you text your friend a byte it doesn’t loop

1 Like

I was thinking of this too. Messaging in byte with friends should be a feature.

i personally think there should also be your profile link too. so for an example i can put byte.co/@skirts on my other social media and people like…can just click on it an see my profile. i think this would be good idea

2 Likes