Share a funny internet scam story

For me I remember applying for a job then received a random text saying, “How ya Mr Bill Auckland.” I laughed and knew this was a scam for several reason. With large companies you don’t generally get a text message, plus he wanted to hire me right away with no interview, AND who heck in english says hi first and last name. Like to hear your stories.

when I was apartment hunting a guy tried to scam me and my sister and the more we talked to him the more sketchy it seemed so i messaged him saying i can’t rent a place from him that he doesn’t even own. He stopped replying after that.

1 Like

This dude named DeltaDawx told me if I gave him 2000 dollars in target gift cards he will give me access to fortnite

3 Likes

My Facebook got hacked and some person posted this scam on my account. Fun fact, if I actually did lose 23 pounds, I wouldn’t be here to even comment this so I found that funny

2 Likes

Lol :joy::joy::joy:YESSS

2 Likes

@theonerdical

when I was apartment hunting a guy tried to scam me and my sister and the more we talked to him the more sketchy it seemed so i messaged him saying i can’t rent a place from him that he doesn’t even own. He stopped replying after that.

My Response:

Man people will try to scam you any way possible. Can only imagine how this will change when we AI voices that sound like people

@AIexander

This dude named DeltaDawx told me if I gave him 2000 dollars in target gift cards he will give me access to fortnite

My Response:

I’m sure he meant it too, plus he’ll hook you up with his nigerian royal family’s gold mines

@Benf

My Facebook got hacked and some person posted this scam on my account. Fun fact, if I actually did lose 23 pounds, I wouldn’t be here to even comment this so I found that funny

My Response:

I always think these people could spend their time doing something else with their lives. All that time spent learning to hack, why not get an IT job? Idk some people are just way too desperate for money.

1 Like