Shamefully unfunctional

Nothing on spotlight has been updated in ages. Zen mode does not work. I no longer get notifications. I understand the app changing hands but that is no excuse for it to descend so far into unfunctionality. If Clash’s buggy, slow, clunky UI is any indication of what’s to come, we’re fucked.

Do better.

21 Likes

What’s wrong with Zen mode? It’s been working fine for me. But yeah I don’t know why they haven’t AT LEAST updated spotlight.
@notgonna is really winning big time from this merger though haha

1 Like

Zen mode has become really buggy. Sometimes when it’s on it puts my own posts in zen mode. And I haven’t gotten notifications in days now.

9 Likes

The reason I stopped posting for a while was largely because it felt like a bad dating relationship. Putting in, getting nothing back, then coming in and changing things that were not requested, and then peaceing out again. I realized I needed to end the relationship and go to just saying hi when passing on the street. Nothing has been handled correctly since the beginning. I’ve been on apps that died before, but they didn’t promise transparency and listening to the community and then do none of it, so it didn’t affect me as much. This transition doesn’t surprise me, but I also have little hope for the merger outside of the fact that it sounds like they’re gonna be putting a ton of new money into it.

10 Likes

Onkel i just noticed zen mode being broke yesterday. I removed zen mode by accident and now I cannot go back.

Also forgot that we can still post bug reports on here…

3 Likes

Except no one on the team will look at them as far as I can tell

4 Likes

Not to mention the app is now slower than ever.

WHEEEEEEEEEE!

4 Likes

If only you hadn’t asked for the “I can’t even right now” thread to be closed you could have added a screenshot of the byte app :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I thought it was just a problem with my phone I haven’t got a notification in about a weeks. But March 1st everything should be back to normal or at least functioning.

You haven’t been getting notifications either??? I thought it was just me. Literally I’ve been wondering why I don’t get notifications anymore every time I get a like or rebyte

2 Likes

I don’t know if you guys have ever used clash but it is incredibly slow and buggy, practically unusable.

2 Likes

It seemed fine when I used it (Clash) :flushed:

It’s been the same old same old experience for me. App is currently in limbo. Apparently the Clash team has had their tendrils in Byte since Dom’s announcement but I wonder when we’ll actually get to start seeing real updates. We were not given a timeframe in this regard

1 Like

The point of that thread was to find humor and satisfaction in mildly unsatisfying things.

This is neither funny nor ironically satisfying.

‘Tis stupid.

3 Likes

Oof. Yeah.

I loved that thread btw. It brought me many laughs.

1 Like

Well put!

2 Likes

my my account is not working hoping for the Kalash update I will be able to get back to my account I don’t know my account is still up don’t know what’s happening I tried signing in with my Apple account telling me I need to register even though I already have my account set up this app is just slowly breaking I signed in with my Apple account

This is the problem with this awful transition, there is literally nobody to contact to help out with stuff like this. It’s really shameful. Sad.

2 Likes

yes like they never help me with my problem that’s just absurd

2 Likes

Like no one’s going to help me seriously no one of the app Sixers are going to help me they keep saying hold on and then they wont get back to me

1 Like