Sexual Harassment/Predatory Behaviors

While I had nothing but good experiences on the original, one of the things that was sadly prevalent was predators use of it to target women, and children. This is a unfortunate situation on any social media app honestly. I’m just wondering/hoping what safeguards will be put in place should this occur again. I’m sure people with more experience than me with these situations can sound off with a little more clarity, and maybe have some solutions. Regardless, it’s something I think that should be addressed.

1 Like

I think anywhere you go there would be countless trolls of all calibers. A report system sometimes works but there are some report systems that takes you through hurdles just to end up somewhere you didn’t ask to be. I’ve seen lots of people, especially females, who get harassed constantly and it does annoy me but a block/ report system should work to an extent.

1 Like

I’m just wondering what issues exist. Like there will always be terrible people online, we just as a community have to be aware. I don’t think V2 should have to protect us from a danger we are all aware exists. Also I’d love to hear some examples of how predation manifests on a social media app, people requesting inappropriate pictures I guess? Block em.

Well it’s always easier for this sorta stuff to happen when an app provides a messaging service, but it can also happen right out in the open, a particular vine could target someone in a predatory way like some of the Instagram comedians do.

It’s not up to the service to protect people from danger, and trolls do exist, this is true. It is however responsible to create a policy in case something like that happens. Block/report is good, sure but of its automated, then what? I’m only bringing it up because adults propositioning kids and other predatory behaviors were so rampant on the original. Plus, a lot of well known viners abusing their influence, and their following could be vicious to victims.

2 Likes

If you don’t like it don’t watch. And I don’t mean for that to sound so rude but I mean if the content you view isn’t something you agree with don’t support the creator by giving them your time. I think if any corporation starts getting involved in what speech is and isnt ok it’s a super slippery slope to where they draw the line.

I think if the lines are clearly drawn and somebody crosses it, then you have fair justification to remove or throttle that content, however if you just don’t like what is being said I don’t think you should prevent people from seeing it. Not saying I support any of those IG people they are all terrible but if you don’t give them defined lines of what is and isn’t allowed don’t be suprised when you end up on the wrong end of the equation.

1 Like

JAKE WITH THE WORDS whips nae nae

This is why it’s very important that v2 doesn’t allow multiple accounts.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re being rude, I just think you’ve missed the point completely.

1 Like

Like, do you think I’m talking about NSFW content? And policing that content? Because it’s not that at all.

1 Like