Settings Icons for Clarity

Just a design suggestion!

From a UI/UX standpoint, it would make sense (and look cool) to add icons next to each individual settings label on the settings page. Currently, the title of each section and the labels within those sections are left-aligned to each other. It can get confusing differentiating between what each one is. An icon to the left of each label would not only help with hierarchy, but with recognizability as well. (Also adds a little :sparkles: pizzazz :sparkles:)

I quickly put together an example of what I’m talking about below.

EDIT: Thanks to @Rei for bringing this up. Another issue I’ve had as well is the fact that you can’t go back in the settings once you tap on an option. If you want to go back to the full settings page, you have to close the settings page and start again.

Original on the left. With icons on the right:

26 Likes

And it compliments your profile color scheme :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

ooh pretty

2 Likes

Would love it to look that way on Android :pensive:

4 Likes

love this

4 Likes

Blocked accounts looks like they are chopping the heads off :grimacing:

5 Likes

having something similar to this will solve setting confusion and navigation issues. it looks cleaner, imo

edit: OHHHH DOM LIKED THE POST, it’s coming!!!

3 Likes

Perhaps that’s the idea…

…chop them hater’s heads off :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks for all the love guys! It looks like Dom liked this, so perhaps we might be seeing something similar soon! :blush:

1 Like

My original thought when I just read the text was that it would be too cluttered. However seeing your mockup, I think this would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Also to add on to this fantastic suggestion, I find it annoying how you can’t go back in the settings. If you exit out, it doesn’t take you back to the settings menu, but closes it all together… so if you’re looking for something but tap the wrong button, you have to start from the beginning and open settings again.

2 Likes

Thank you! I knew it would be hard to paint a picture with words, so that’s why I made a quick mockup.

2 Likes

@dom

Ahh I forgot to mention this in my original post! This is actually something I’ve found annoying as well. I will add it to the description. Thanks!

2 Likes