Seconds counted next to loops?

So I love how seconds are now counted and something that needs to be done for so many reasons. But also what if instead of removing the loops counter because you have added the seconds counter you can add both next to each other. Oh and use the same or similar emoji I used because since u guys on the byte team like hiding the byte logo in places this would be another great way to hide the byte logo as I did here too. :sunglasses:

:green_circle: seconds :repeat: loops count = notice how it is a low key hidden byte logo tho :3

4 Likes

Dom needs to see this tbh

1 Like

Here’s what I have to say about this

And also another suggestion below

2 Likes

What are the seconds for?
I think that looking at the number of Loops it’s better than looking to the number of seconds.

Honestly What will it help us for?

2 Likes

@Benf mentioned that it can help determine if a video that has been watched is enjoyable if you watched the video long enough. also prevents people from making 2-second videos just to rack up loops and game the algorithm.

2 Likes

I think it will absolutely help me know if I’m maintaining people’s focus for the full 16 seconds. Like, I’ve flirted with the idea of shortening most of my nature content back to 8-12 seconds, and knowing whether or not I hold people for the full 16 on basis of likes per second is helpful.

1 Like

Like, for instance, on average, I seem to be getting roughly 10% likes to loop ratio- which seems pretty decent. But it might be that it’s closer to like 20% of full viewers like my bytes.
With content like my food and poetry content, 16 seconds has been a godsend, but I do worry if my nature stuff isn’t better brief sometimes?

1 Like

My attention span really doesn’t work anymore so I usually stay the whole 16 and leave a comment. But I don’t watch byte that much because on my droid videos load SLOW

2 Likes

Ok, know I understand and it’s a great Idea but also we need to see the loops and your idea is great.

1 Like

100% agree!!

1 Like

On the other hand they shouldn’t let people make 2 second videos. It would be amazing if it’s up to 4 seconds.

1 Like

yep that should not be ok

1 Like

they could do it like Tik Tok , they let you make videos above 3 seconds.

1 Like

I disagree, a two second loop can be really cool!

3 Likes

Ok, I respect your opinion.

2 Likes

Here’s a good example. This creator makes very short loops like this. I think they’re pretty good.

3 Likes