Searching for users on byte

Recently I’ve noticed that you are forced to type the whole username of the account you are searching for within the byte search bar. In the past, the users you follow would populate at the top of the search and only required the first few letters when searching.

This happened as of the past 3-4 days, and while not a huge issue, it’s mildly inconvenient. I’m on the latest TestFlight - v0.5.1

9 Likes

yeah, i’ve noticed that too. Although I’m on the standard android version

I don’t love it, but I certainly wouldn’t say it’s the biggest thing to fix on the app

1 Like

I added ‘android’ to the thread tag, thanks for mentioning that! :sunglasses::+1:

Yeah, it’s not a huge deal, but it’s been needed since I don’t see my entire following feed when browsing the ‘following’ tab

1 Like

It’s not a bug that breaks the app but seeing as there are new users every day who are considering if the app is a place they want to keep using, a functioning search bar is extremely basic and important in maintaining a good look. I’d say this bug is pretty high priority

1 Like

i also noticed for me anyway some of the hashtags are not showing the whole feed e.g. #bootgh (makes it kinda hard for our friends to judge a contest.)

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that too. It’s been that way for a while actually — I remember taking note back in like March/April, specifically for the BeatlesSunday tag. It’s definitely an issue that should be looked at. It’s nice to go back on hashtags, especially ones you’ve created to see who took part in the fun

1 Like