Rotating videos in camera roll

it would be great to have a button to rotate videos when uploading from the camera roll.
when i film on my camera all the videos end up sideways

4 Likes

Im not sure what device you’re on (im assuming this is a universal feature) but on iphone you can rotate your videos/pics in your camera roll by opening the video, hitting edit, crop and rotate, which gives you the option to rotate it

5 Likes

Maybe I’m being silly here but I can’t find it

3 Likes

no he meant in the iPhone stock photos app, not in Byte :confused:

4 Likes

^^ yup I was talking about in your own photos app. Sorry if I didn’t make it clear enough

3 Likes

From the screen shot it looks like you have an Android, and I’m not sure they have a rotating feature in android camera rolls

1 Like

android is a mixed bag especially on the low end models you cant count on the apps it comes with. plus often the built in video player cant even play the videos that i film with my camera

Between using iMovie, the photos app (for rotation), and a free app called Video Crop (because iMovie can only make horizontal videos) I have been able to edit my videos pretty easily.

(If you have an iPhone)

i edit on my computer so rotating is pretty easy its just one more application i have to go through to do it so its really more of an ease of access thing than an actual problem

1 Like

I recommend you use Videoleap instead, basically does the same groundwork as iMovie but has a lot of more features. I also used to crop and export from iMovie, but Videoleap exports in a natural portrait mode! :slight_smile: