RIP to one of our own

Hey gang, sorry to be the bearer of sad news. But one of our friends and fellow byter @dcoy has passed away. I got a video call last night and his friend gave me the news. Other than he passed passed in his sleep, I don’t know a lot of details.

DCoy loved Vine, and he was a beta tester on byte. He didn’t show his face, but instead shared of himself through creative edits, music and nature/surroundings. His edits had this raw crazy energy I really appreciated.

I had talked to DCoy a few days ago, on one of his posts, commenting that I was glad to see him and he told me he was having a really rough year.I hope now he is at peace.

Dcoy was my friend. We were fans of each others content. He was a quiet, sweet, wholesome dude. I am really going to miss him.

Celebrate our friend any way you can today. Much love to you all, please stay safe.

Love, Chrispy

66 Likes

My heart is so broken right now. I loved dcoy and his vision of the world he was able to share with us on Byte. Every one of his vids was special and had his little artistic flair to it. Really brought something special to a loop. That is absolutely horrible and if you hear there’s any place we can send letters or anything to please let us know. That is so heartbreaking. Fuck. Always loved getting comments from him cuz then I knew it was a good one. So sorry to his family and friends

18 Likes

Always brought a beautiful vision to each of his posts. Kept alive that Vine style and energy that only few maintain these days.

May your soul be at peace, Dcoy. You will be missed dearly :heart:.

14 Likes

Rest easy, Dcoy. You were special

9 Likes

Wow, this is heartbreaking to hear. Decoy’s vision inspired me in a lot of ways. I was just interacting with him the other day, too.

Rest In Peace, you’ll be missed :green_heart:

8 Likes
10 Likes

Oh my gosh…

This is too much.

Rest In Peace to a true artist.

I so admired his content and his attitude.

9 Likes

That’s awful news, some of those bytes made were some of my favourite on the app. Such terrible news to here truly. Will be missed. Rest in peace Legend of /foundfootage and /art

6 Likes

Heart broken. RIP to a true visual legend.

7 Likes

So sad to hear that. Didn’t really know DCoy but have definitely seen him on Byte. My condolences to you, his other friends and family. May he rest in peace. :pensive:

5 Likes

May he rest in Peace, im so sorry…

3 Likes

Thats awful news. He will be missed :broken_heart:

4 Likes

HI Onkel, I’m here after seeing your comment on my post, I was absolutely heart broken to hear this news, he was such a kind soul, we had some fun convos in the Dms of vine he was always going to bed as I was getting up I was so happy to find him again on byte his art was legendary & should be celebrated he will be truly missed & taken way to early.
RIP

8 Likes

You have my condolences sir

3 Likes

Rest In Peace :heart: I’m truly saddened to hear of his passing. He was a kind soul and a wonderful creator.

6 Likes

Oh no. Praying for him and his family

3 Likes

wow. I am just learning this. Im sorry to hear about them passing. They were one of my inspirations for my own work. My condolences to his family and friends.

5 Likes

RIP MY friends

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.