Respectful debate: 'Gender Identity'

I have my beliefs and you have yours. Just because I don’t agree with this doesn’t mean I am a transphobic. Many people don’t like the idea of being forced to treat someone that is (according to science and biology) obviously a man when they are clearly not. (just an example)

2 Likes

A topic similar to this was already started @UgliestTv.

5 Likes

If someone wants to be referred as he or she or even them, that’s their choice. You should treat people however they wish to be treated and they would treat you the same.

3 Likes

But why do they get to enforce their beliefs on others? I genuinely don’t believe you can magically change your gender. I really don’t. Why can’t we change our age? Why can’t I identify as a 6 year old girl and go into a girl’s bathroom? I can’t because theres two different bathrooms for a reason. This is a genuine problem as there are differences between men and women whether you guys want to admit it or not. Sport is a great example, look it up. A transgender ‘woman’ won a weightlifting competition EASILY because he was simply just bigger and stronger compared to the other contenders. IF there was a way you could magically change and you came out as a woman (i’m talking biologically as well) then yes. That’s fine and I am with you. BUT you simply can’t do that. AND tbh I don’t think its very respectful of them to enforce their beliefs on to me and make me say things that I don’t want to say. @LeaElizabeth

2 Likes

well here’s the thing. I’m kinda assuming you have never experienced gender dysphoria right @UgliestTv?

3 Likes

I’m going to run off the assumption that you have not. Well gender dysphoria is a very serious topic. It has a much higher suicide rate than any other mental problem. (I say problem and not illness here because of how easily it is prevented/cured) Having personally struggled with depression, anxiety, and dysphoria, I can personally attest to the constant physical and mental pain that comes along with it. In my experience, dysphoria is worse than depression and anxiety in the pain and illogic of it. But the “cure” for it is very very very easy and almost instantaneous. And that’s accepting who you are. So when we are misgendered or forced to go by a pronoun that we do not associate with, it brings us pain. both physical and mental pain. So personally I think that that would be enough to persuade you to call us what we want. because at the end of the day, for you its just a matter of saying a few different letters, but for us, its a matter of being plunged into nausea and sharp cramps and a sense of worthlessness. So I’m begging you, please don’t make us go through that. Please don’t hurt us.

6 Likes

also I hope that I managed to represent all of our amazing LGBTQ+ community in that

6 Likes

I understand what your saying and I’m completely sympathetic for you. My main question is what about the people that it isn’t their belief? Because yea it sucks for you guys, it really does. But what about people that don’t believe in that kind of stuff, like I would call you male/female depending on what you wanted if we were interacting face to face out of respect but I do also understand where other people are coming from that don’t believe in that and that its against their belief?

1 Like

Where do non-binary’s fit in to all this? Because I’m someone who would call you whatever you wanted female/male but the non-binary stuff I don’t really agree with. (Thanks for being open to discussing this btw)

1 Like

Well to be honest you can liken it to calling a person of color the N-Word. Technically, you have every right to. It’s not illegal. But it still dregs up lots of pain and history and most civil people do not. Using the wrong pronouns is like that. It brings up a lot of pain and anger. So yeah, people who don’t believe in us can certainly call us whatever they want, but its a matter of courtesy and showing basic respect to another human. And the non-binary stuff is pretty simple. That’s for people (like me) who don’t identify with either extreme end of the gender spectrum (I.e. male and female) but are simply that; nonbinary. not one of two. It’s a very broad term and covers a lot of people.

4 Likes

“You should treat people however they wish to be treated.” There is a bottom line, that’s how society is, you don’t get treated just however you want to be treated. You can’t wish to be treated like a nobility if you are working at Walmart, that’s the way it is. You can’t wish to be treated like a female if you are a male and vice versa. Gender is biology not your ideology.

1 Like

Explain to me why after transgender surgeries the suicide rate in the transgender demographic does not drop and is still high up in the sky? If gender dysphoria is a mental disease as you said then treat it as a mental illness and get proper treatment for the better. Neither cutting off a penis nor growing one will help in any sort.

2 Likes

Ffs why are we still arguing about this?

3 Likes

idk i guess i wanted to share my opinion?

2 Likes