Republishing/ copyright

In what ways could the community prevent people from reuploading other artists’ creations and what do you think the limits on copyrighted music/ videos should be?

2 Likes

For re-uploading videos from other creators I think it was mentioned somewhere that watermarks could be introduced, I think the option of a small one in the corner of videos would be really useful, especially if they go with the square format because it’d be difficult to cut it out from a square video in a way that isn’t obvious. People who steal videos would have to be pretty dedicated to edit out even a small watermark properly. A small one in the corner wouldn’t be that distracting either. Otherwise there’d just have to be a reliable flagging system for videos that have been re-uploaded.

For music morally I don’t think it should be a big deal to include licensed music in a video that has a max of 6.5 seconds, ideally there could just be a feature to say the song name (like a geotag but for a song title/artist you used) so people can look up the original work. But legally I have no idea if it could land creators/the app in trouble.

2 Likes

There are many topics about re-uploading videos. Please search before creating a new thread. Maybe these will help you.

1 Like

Thanks @EricFrey! Check Eric’s post above for other topics on this same idea. Feel free to add your thoughts there! Thanks.

1 Like