Reposting Bytes when they dont perform the first time

What are your thoughts on reposting a byte when it doesn’t do well?

6 Likes

i have legit seen , not gonna say any names , but someone post the same exact byte 5 times in a row (posting then deleting and repeat) , i am completely against this lol , but feel free to do as you please i guess !

13 Likes

I used to do that! But not anymore… u just gotta wait! Time! Is of the essence

2 Likes

Yeah I have also tried this and it actually worked against me. Now that I have just been leaving them up, I have felt I have had better success. I was just curious if it worked well for anyone considering it didnt for me. Thanks for the input guys. @tuq @MagicalVlogger

5 Likes

If it’s a bit older I suppose its fine but reposting the same recent over and over because it didn’t do numbers isn’t considerate to the people who follow you and it kind of affects your confidence in yourself, doesn’t it?

7 Likes

Yeah that is definitely true.

2 Likes

I don’t post and delete it if it doesn’t perform well!

Many know that if my content it’s published it’s PUBLISHED, IDC if it flops eventually my new followers or reaches peoples mix/recommendation!

Someway and somehow people will see my content, you can’t escape the cozy pac content

6 Likes

I haven’t ever done this. If it flops, it flops. Usually, it means it was shit, so re-posting wouldn’t do it any good. If it was really good, it’ll take off. Move onto the next one.

I think Your Mix actually rewards aged content.

2 Likes

On other video platform, that does work based on the algorithm- not so much here on Byte. Anyways, most of my videos only get a few likes - so reposting won’t make much a difference :joy:

3 Likes

I like that😂 great advice

2 Likes

Well that is good to know, thank you

I guess that is true for all of us right now huh?:joy: At least were having fun and building something awesome!

2 Likes

Guilty of this, but once it’s been out for an hour I don’t. I have thought about reposting earlier ones, but rewatching them, I don’t like them as much as I did. Some of them have good content-the lighting, sound, and editing are just not up to what I make now-and its only been a month! I can’t wait to cringe at what I make now In a year.

I personally have no problem, I recommend not making a habit of it if people choose to.

1 Like

This is great. I am sure we have all thought of it. I thought I’d just ask the question for everyone to know. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

I did it when i completely botched a title(can’t wait for that edit feature) But i think it was in the span of 5 seconds if that counts.

The less followers you have the more you can get away with it imo. But yeah most people dont wanna see the same byte uploaded again especially if they commented or rebyted or whatever they did to the first one.

Also depends how old or recent the byte is. If its something from months ago that flopped maybe post it but if its from like 1 day ago keep it and give it time imo.

These are my 2 cents but the choice is up to you. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

Henry you said “most of my videos only get a few likes”. The one I rebyted of yours has 126 likes. You have great content, Henry.

1 Like

Awww - thanks Steven - my daughter and I have fun making them - if anything, it’s memories we are making :blush::gift_heart:

1 Like

Yeahhh I’m not a big fan of this. I’ve definitely had to unfollow a creator or two whose reposted content kept popping up in my feed, and I wouldn’t want to put my followers through that. To each their own though :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

Nah i dont do this

1 Like