Remember when byte came out unexpectedly on January 24th?

Remember when byte came out unexpectedly on January 24th? the excited of how everyone was getting along and new content came out on a new app. The buzz of starting as a new person and everyone else is new too? I loved that but I don’t feel that buzz anymore that motivation to be something and build a name

3 Likes

it was a crazy day for sure. things were never quite the same afterwards

1 Like

I missed making new friends and the love we had for eachother by boosting eachothers content by liking on a group chat. We never did revyye for rebyte we respected the app. We liked eachothers stuff and occasionally rebyte if we like the content :sob:.

i just missed the small community feel honestly, as well as anticipation for the project and a comfortable air of mystery as to what all was going to happen. It felt like something really meaningful was in motion, and ironically it doesn’t feel like that anymore. I believe in the app still, but it’s different to what I was hoping it would be after public release and even beta.

2 Likes

Rhe difference between surge of users and first time launch surge is not the same. It’s nostalgic when it was released I feel like Dom treated it like a kid that got a new dog but does the bare minimum to keep the dog alive no happiness nothing

The team is working hard I’m sure, that goes without saying, but the feeling of what the app was - that genuine fun app to just see people have fun and be creative - was what made it special to me, and of course my history with the community. It sort of feels mechanical now, and I still tune in, but it doesn’t exactly comfort me anymore in the way it used to. Change happens though, whether we like it or not.

3 Likes

I agree cheers to that only time will tell

1 Like