Relationship question

How do you even start talking to someone when seeing if a relationship could even work out? Like how do you work up the nerve? It’s a deep question, I know.

5 Likes

be yourself, no joke!!! well i hope i helped

3 Likes

I’d answer, but I just ruined my chances with someone last night so I have nothing to add :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Look at them nervously and hope they come up to you trust me it works 0% of the time

5 Likes

Sarcasm. Use sarcasm because it’s a easy, great, and friendly way to test if someone matches your energy level. Do they give you sarcasm right back and match your energy? Perfect! Then you’ll be more comfortable with testing/asking other things about them to find out more about their vibe and who they are

4 Likes

roast em
make a really edgy joke and see if they hate u

or i have this other rlly cute trick where i fall hopelessly into the friendzone and cry myself to sleep every night listening to T-Swift “You Belong With Me”, works every time

4 Likes

The best thing to do is to not think about it! Don’t plan out what you’re going to say, don’t have sentences stocked and ready for use, just be natural about it!

So often we can get stuck in head and then clam up when it’s time to be real

To initiate conversation, compliments are a great way to do so!

To build up the courage to speak to someone for the first time, randomly compliment and speak to 5 random people! Could be a cashier somewhere, could be someone just walking by. That’ll get all off the jitters out

If we’re talking about social media, lmfao
like 2 photos of theirs, see if they like two of yours back. if they like 2 of yours back, like 3 and see if they mirror that. if they do, slide in the dm lmfao tried and true method

5 Likes

find out what they like and just ask them questions e.g. if they like music ask them what song they like, they’ll most likely ask you and that’s when you can input your favourite song and introduce yourself to them. also, @nogud is right - don’t memorise sentences for you to say! girl, when i finally had the courage to talk to my crush i said a line i rehearsed and guess what? i ended up saying it in a different tone, almost threatening him, the boy was scared for his life!
from my experience, don’t do that!

3 Likes

lmfaoooo girl i’ve been there :weary:
it’s the worst lmfaoooo

2 Likes

This is great advice, but it’s a chick && I’m not confident enough to get rejected by someone idk is into lbgt relation… like I’ve never been in a relationship what so ever in my 21 years of life… my heart is too fragile for this :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

well, everyone’s human so it’s okay if you mess up, she’ll understand if you stammer or you act clumsy - it’s natural!

1 Like

@Breahcaleo would you be more comfortable talking to her as a friend first? as much as i joke about the friend zone sometimes friendship is the best way to get to know someone without awkwardness

1 Like

You should try to be their friend, but don’t be selfish. Don’t try to push any emotions on them, or any feelings. It’s okay to like, cheer them up or something though.

1 Like

I think approaching someone to start a convo deals a lot with the situation. If this person is in your class, it might be helpful to ask them a question about the material or homework, then after they give the answer just start generally talking about the class. Maybe like “I really like how the teacher does (blank)” or even “I really hate how the teacher does (blank)” and then see where the convo goes. You can do this in passing in the hallways if they are the only person from your class around or if you are FB, Twitter, Insta friends, dm them the question. It’s a lot easier to talk to someone over the internet than in person for the first time. If this person is a coworker, ask a question about the job while no one else is around. Once you guys talk more, get to know each other and become close friends you should be able to tell if a relationship will work out. My friends and I tried these situations before and they actually worked out so I hoped this helped! -sunshine :sun_with_face:

1 Like

I’ve tried… it’s the movie seen where the person gets nervous and anything that can go wrong does. Idk how it works and I hate that an adult and idk how it works

Idk but if you find out let me know lol

1 Like

Lol i will if I ever see chick… we haven’t been on the same schedule in like a week or 2

1 Like

What will be, will be. It’s stupid and cliche but sometimes all of the wrong things result in the right thing happening.

I was sitting on her front porch, it was early November, I suffer from asthma, and she had just broken up with her boyfriend. We were talking about all of the stuff that sucked, legitimately the most unromantic conversation ever.

I said “I want to kiss you, but I have to cough, and I don’t want to ruin the moment”, and she said “You just ruined the moment Romeo” and that was our first kiss. Will be together 12 years this November, married for 5 in September.

Waiting for the perfect moment will only leave you waiting. Sometimes, the perfect moment is just saying how you feel, regardless of circumstance.

Kane out.

5 Likes

This might’ve just done it

Stare at them with wide open eyes while quickly moving your eyebrows up and down and if they ask you what you are doing start to interrogate them they’ll instantly fall in love with you

1 Like