Regarding the company Collab

Have anyone seen the company Collab on byte? I saw them on the app few times.

Recently, I saw some creators’s tweet discuss how they attempted use the copyright claim loophole to earn money from the creators…

What do you think about this company?

12 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Tkwyoung :star2::love_you_gesture:t4:

6 Likes

I’m not sure how to feel I just see a lot of byte and tik Tok people partnering with them :cowboy_hat_face: I don’t really have an opinion rn but I do think it’s good to have content creators getting put in one place

6 Likes

Hmmm…I looked them up a few minutes ago, & I don’t think I trust them :thinking:

2 Likes

Collab is a digital marketing network. They do earn money from their creators. Otherwise they would have no revenue at all. Like any talent network, they take a certain percentage of earnings. But the creator also earns money! They only want what is best for their creators, trust me. They basically help creators make profit for the content they create, and help with other things such as sponsorships. They are a trustworthy company, and, through talent managers, are wanting to help Byters kick off their social media career.

9 Likes

All of that :point_up:t3: plus they are genuinely nice people that truly want us to succeed!

5 Likes

@MikeMulroy @Acadrien have you guys had personal dealings with them?

6 Likes

You can read the tweets from a twitter user about the story. Can i post her twitter user name here and you go to her profile to find the tweets?

4 Likes

I’d like to see it

2 Likes

Search RawBeautyKristi.

I talked to few creators who signed Collab, and Collab eventually helps creators to protect their videos online (Thats their claim). They want to avoid people reupload vine and tiktok videos on youtube to make money from the youtube videos.

However, some people use the tiktok videos as an evidence for drama channels, but Collab also file the copyright claims to Youtube and shut down the video. I am not sure if Collab would file the copyright complain if someone recreate videos… from the creators who signed Collab.

3 Likes

I never got an email so I literally approached them.

3 Likes

That makes sense though to shut down the compilation vids that make money, but it does suck for the drama channels. I think a lot of that stuff is automated, they may have a software that just scans for their creators work and if its posted anywhere else it gets shut down?

3 Likes

@collab is a good company and just remember its not the company its the creators that likes to abuse
8423_NotStonks

3 Likes

Collab is definitely legit, they signed and worked with one of my videos back on vine that drive me revenue till this day. So I preach them 100% and super legit and awesome team they have!

10 Likes

I have! And I love every second of it. The managers are some of the nicest people you’ll meet, and are your friend. And don’t worry, everything is legit on paper too. No hidden things that will screw you over later.

6 Likes

I was watching this Drama/Commentary YouTuber named Angelika Oles.

She has a story about the Collab company at 12:10 mark in the video.

I find it interesting to say the least, but I’m not entirely sure what to think about the company.

She talks about how the company misuses the “fair use” policy on YouTube, and claims clips from content that features their creators.
She also speaks about the revenue and rights to the videos the creators get.

But I’ve also seen people speak very highly of the company, so I guess it’s a mixed bag.

3 Likes

In what I have seen I think Collab is a wonderful company! They treat their creators with decency and respect and they are one of those talent agencies but they are doing it their own way. They are going to be the future trend setter when it comes to talent agencies because the way the treat their creators and do business is unlike any talent agency I have seen so far! That is something I can stand behind 100% as being different and making a change for the world!

2 Likes

Lol

6 Likes

update of this and the whole story

starting 8:29