Recommended Broadway Shows

I’m going to New York next Spring and our Choir’s Boosters are looking for a show for us to see.
I’d also like to know about some I can watch if they come to my town. Any recommendations?

6 Likes

Hamilton :smiley:

6 Likes

YES HAMILTON!!! Mean Girls is cool too :))
I’d recommend Heathers but they’re not performing anymore.

4 Likes

Book of Mormon for sure! (also Hamilton is everything :relieved: )

5 Likes

I’ve seen stomp :oil_drum: and Wicked :woman_mage:on a band field trip and both were phenomenal! My sis saw Phantom of the Opera :ghost: and she said that was amazing. Also you can’t go wrong with The Lion King. :lion:

4 Likes

Tickets to Hamilton will cost a semester of tuition. Go to TKTS near Times Square in Manhattan on the day you want to see a show and get reduced-price tickets to lots of Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. You probably won’t find tickets for the top shows there, but there are always tons of other good shows to see. Have fun!

3 Likes

Wicked, Waitress, Hamilton, and Aladdin are all good ones! :skull_and_crossbones::cake::memo::genie:‍♂

2 Likes

Oh goodness, SO many musicals!

Some good classics would be Phantom of the Opera, Lion King, Fiddler on the Roof, Wicked, Aladdin, and West Side Story.

Some newer ones that have come out and are popular are Waitress, Hamilton, and Beetlejuice.

I would also recommend Chicago if you aren’t a fan of ‘bright and happy’ musicals, this one is pretty gritty and raunchy!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile::ok_hand:

2 Likes