Rebyte Idea?

Hello Everyone,

Sometime ago, @dom told us that he wouldn’t have the rebyte option (formally the revine button on vine) when the app comes out, until he came up with a more fair system. I think I came up with an idea. Disclaimer: This is only an idea that I came up with, so things can be changed or this idea doesn’t even have to be used. Thanks.

My idea is make the rebyte a thing that you have to unlock. Each “byte user/ byter? lol” will have can have the opportunity to be an “ultimate rebyter” meaning that you can rebyte anyone you want for as long as you want as long as you unlock the ability. To unlock this, a person with 1,000,000 followers (as an example just so you can understand the idea) will have to rebyte at least one person with 1,000 followers or less, 50,000 followers or less, 100,000 followers or less, 500,000 or less, and 1,000,000 followers or less. Each person needs to have a rebyte for at least 24 hours. After that is done you will become an “ultimate rebyter”. Like I stated before, the ultimate rebyter will have the opportunity to rebyte whoever they want for as long as they want. This ability will only last for a limited time (maybe a week? you guys can make this time shorter or longer if you guys like) until it is lost and you will have to start over again. Of course this will be going along with whatever other ways that Dom has come up with for byters to get noticed (popular page, blast byte?, etc.), but I like the rebyte option and I hope we could use this idea or some other idea instead of completely eliminating it.

Let me know your thoughts guys! :blush:

I think I posted this incorrectly earlier today, so I decided to repost it…lol

6 Likes

i kinda get the general gist of the idea…hopefully its not too complicated for the users to get ahold of

3 Likes

There would probably be a tab for it within the app with instructions on what they need to do. I think that if they are so confused then maybe we could divide the goals into “easy goals” and “fun goals”. For example, a person with 1 million followers could have an “easy goal” which would be to rebyte 5 users with 1,000 followers or less and the “fun goal” would be to rebyte the 5 users the way I stated. Keep in mind that the easy goal still satisfies the fun goal since I said “or less” for each category. But, the “easy goal” just makes things easier if people become confused with the “fun goal” instructions. Also when the person with 1,000,000 followers goes to visit the person that they want to rebyte’s page a blue blinking star would appear to indicate that they are an appropriate person to rebyte to satisfy their needed goal. The ultimate goal of this whole thing is to make rebytes a fair system to avoid users from only trying to rebyte their friends or rebyting users with the same or more followers than them. I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with rebyting your friends and people with similar or more followers than you, it becomes wrong to me when that’s all you do.

Hopefully that clarifies things😊!

1 Like

Seeing a clear indicator for who we’re allowed to, or should, rebyte is a great idea. Not everyone is an active user on socials (aside from owning an active account). Giving Creators the ability to see who needs to be promoted can help raise the profiles of other consistent Creators.

1 Like

In my opinion, this system would be bothersome for the people who are genuine with their rebytes and will make it easier for people who want to abuse it since they just have to follow the requirements

3 Likes

How long until you think the app gets 1,000,000 downloads?

could be easily abused

2 Likes

I totally agree with you and @sammm, but at the end of the day it will ruin the audience of the person that has a following, if they aren’t genuine with their rebytes. The audience (for #1) won’t follow the person that you are rebyting if that person isn’t posting quality stuff and (for #2), it makes the person with a following look bad if they are constantly rebyting stuff that isn’t of quality. For people that want to keep their followers engaged, they’ll rebyte posts that are of quality not only to keep their followers engaged, but it’s nice to repost different content on your page sometimes to change things up a bit. From my experience as a former viner, there were so many talented people that deserved more of a following, but went unnoticed because they didn’t get revined (and the other reasons that I mentioned in my previous response). I’m pretty sure that it won’t be difficult to find quality posts to rebyte (There is going to be sooo many people using this app), they just have to be willing to look, because if they choose to repost any and everything just to fulfill their requirements, they are only going to hurt themselves in the end.

1 Like

In my opinion, this system would be bothersome for the people who are genuine with their rebytes and will make it easier for people who want to abuse it since they just have to follow the requirements

1 Like

I like this idea!

2 Likes

Please see my comment above (which addresses your concern)…You and Faizaldawx said the same thing pretty much.

2 Likes