Reached 0 Followers, 0 Loops, 0 Likes, and 0 Rebytes! Thank you so much <3

If you can’t tell by the title, I’m having a super hard time getting my foot in the door when it comes to byte, and the title is just satire. Unlike all of the other posts in the Promotion tab where people are getting hundreds of followers and loops within a few days, I’m still standing at single-digit numbers. Anyone else having a hard time getting noticed? How are people blowing up so quickly? Is there some secret to the algorithm or an extra-large Rebyte group somewhere?

My Byte is @PlasticRice. Feel free to use this as a networking thread for those of us that are in the underclass. :^(

14 Likes

I know exactly what you mean, not sure what it is. But I find that after each good post I make I do just a little better. That said spam posting is a good way to kill your account. I could say after looking at your account, probably just post a little more often. Unless you deleted some bytes you only have two bytes right now. Not that I’ve figured it out or anything, but just keep making good bytes and try to post a couple times a day. Good luck, respect the grind.

6 Likes

A couple of times a day? Man, that’s a lot, lol. I’ve a few others I’m working on, and I’m working on one right now, it’s the collab that’s been on one of the other channels. I prefer ‘quality over quantity,’ I mean, even though they’re six seconds, I don’t want to make something that I don’t like, or oversaturate my own page, though, it’s still in its early stages, I guess.

4 Likes

I absolutely get what you mean. Quality is more important than quantity, but that’s when it gets to a difficult balance. Obviously you can’t grow with low quality, but growth will be absolutely stunted by a low quantity. The only way to find new people is to sort by new or popular, and if I had to bet: most bytes that make popular are from people who were already somewhat popular. As long as you do your best to find that balance then you should be fine

5 Likes

So far, I mean, it’s only been a few days (two, I think, this being my third). I’ve just been going for the one-upload-a-day. Is that good enough, do you think? What else can I do to capitalize? And yeah, everyone in the Popular so far seems to be majority beta users, who’ve used it for a few months.

3 Likes

TLDR; Presentation and consistency matter.

You have to build traction! In a world where everyone is creating content with sharability and that ‘viral’ factor in mind, it’s unlikely that any single post is going to give you a large boost in following.

Social media favors reliability (and good genetics) over everything else. Post consistently and be patient if you want to grow an audience. Having great attention to detail, well-polished and executed posts, and a fancy camera (using lighting and audio intelligently) will elevate your ideas and help you grow faster.

I have a crappy 2013 phone camera, don’t comb my hair, and won’t clean my bathroom mirror, but I’m still growing slowly. Would grow faster if I didn’t believe strongly that every should be candid and true to themselves! (read “I’m actually mega lazy”). :smiley:

4 Likes

I checked you out yesterday. You had 2 bytes, both with the same punchline. I normally check an entire profile, and if I liked 3-5 things, then I follow.

Why am I saying all this? Because you need to be patient. Goign for one upload a day is a good long-term strategy. I follow something similar, I only upload 3-4 times a week! But I know that this is long-term: I can’t compete with the growth of people posting 3 times a day.

If you want to stay true to your strategy, know what kind of response you might get from it. Remind yourself of what your long-term goal is. I have been getting moments of stress and anxiety at comparing myself to others, but then I remind myself that I don’t plan on burning through all my ideas in 3 months

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been honestly really lazy with it since it’s only been a few days. I usually wouldn’t think people would watch even more than one, lmao, so I just reused the same ‘banana’ punchline. Maybe I just need to chill out and relax, I guess. I feel kind of left out because a lot of people are booming right now since they were in Beta, but I guess that’s just the nature of the game.

I’ll give it some time, one a day for a few weeks can’t hurt, it’s just discouraging if I make something and zero people watch it. Thanks! :^)

2 Likes

Hi there, you’ve only started posting 2 days ago and have 3 bytes posted so far which are widescreen, so, I’d try doing full-screen videos made for byte, because the widescreen videos you post make it seem like you recycled something to put it up on your account. That might help increase engagement with your videos.

3 Likes

Yeah, there are lot’s of people gaining a lot of followers very quickly. But, think about this:
-Follow bots are a thing that’s been happening
-Some people go on following sprees in the hopes someone will follow them back
-How many of those creators are going to burn out all their good content, and get unfollowed?

It’s impossible to know how many real followers anyone has (even yourself!) so you have to focus on your personal goal. Is it to gain clout and be able to show a big number of followers to your friends? Is it to build a stable and loyal following? Is it to share your art/project that you care a lot about? Different goals need different strategies, and that’s ok!

Try not to compare yourself to others, it takes time away from focusing on your content and making it the best you can!

4 Likes

Oh, hey there Tom! Are you sure the screen could be it? I don’t record in portrait mode because, well, that would require me to use my phone, and I way much more prefer using external software to make my stuff.

And yeah, you’re right. I didn’t expect everyone to take this post so seriously – I mean, I’ve only been on Byte for 2 or 3 days tops, and the app has been out for six now, so I pale in comparison to people who’ve been on there for months. I’ll give it some time. Thanks, Tom, and also Dew! I’ll keep my chin up.

2 Likes

If you were painting, would you paint 33% of the canvas or 100% of it? Gotta hold your camera vertically to optimize for the platform. Also, read up on the algorithm change log on the forums, that may help ya too. Wish ya best of luck!

3 Likes

I’ll look into using portrait mode to make my stuff more user-friendly. Thanks, Jess and Tom! Much appreciated. Cameras from 2010 have to have some kind of portrait setting, right? (I hope)

1 Like

@LittleDewDroplets @jessfrombyte almost 100% sure he is talking about the people with consistent over 1k likes with really bad content (humor). They are using huge rebyte groups to reach as much people as fast as possible. But indeed quality over quantity, always.

If you want to check my crappy bytes out and form your opiniom, that what be cool! That’s the reason why i make them :smile:

2 Likes

Follow me people!!! I rebyte and like all videos! I even follow everybody!!! Show me some love and receive some love! My user name is @Backwoody

1 Like

Just dont sweat it try to have fun there are no follower counts for a reason ik that sounds like a boiler plate answer but it works. That being said you can always branch out in app. Be a good follower to people you enjoy and be a good person to follow it’ll level out man.

1 Like

This is all beautiful advice, friends. I really appreciate it. In fact, I’ve been blowing up quite. a bit in these past few days alone. Though I joked I was sitting at 0 on everything, I actually have accumulated 49 followers in the three days I’ve been posting. Slowly but surely! I’m glad to have such a supportive community.

Going to be cooking up some more fire bytes in these coming days. Thanks again, guys! :^) <3

4 Likes

I feel your pain as far as the feeling of not growing as fast as you’d like goes. You’ve gotta just stick with it and then the followers will come. Don’t lose faith in yourself.

1 Like