Random idea about “official” collabs... 🤝

I’m a little sick and a little high so tell me if this doesn’t make any sense. :joy_cat:

I was thinking about the function of DMs and ways to keep everyone safe. While I still don’t have an answer for that I was thinking about a way for byters to officially collaborate. Something like a pinky promise … an in-app “contract” with another byter.

You would agree to collab through some interaction on the back-end of the app. This would open up DMs maybe where you could communicate during the collaboration. Then the next post you tag them in will cross promote to their feed and vice-versa. Any revenue (if there is any revenue or :star: s to be had) is shared between the collaborators evenly, by an agreed upon percentage, or by ratios of loops.

It may be far too finicky to implement or completely superfluous but I wanted to :brain: dump it before it disappeared.

I think this could be a great way to lift another byter. I would think it would be best to limit it to official creators at first and then maybe have it be an earned reward over time as you add positively to the community. And official creators could offer collabs to non-official creators to help their visibility if you feel they offer something wonderful or unique.

Anyway, just my fevery musings. I hope everyone is doing wonderful. :vulcan_salute:t3::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

This principle sounds awesome. There could be a button to send a user a message saying something along the lines of “this creator wants to collab with you” and the person receiving the message has the option to decline or accept it.

5 Likes

Exactly! :slight_smile: I think it could encourage community and creativity. It could help creators branch out of their typical category and get their contribution in front of a larger variety of people.

1 Like

That’d be a great idea to implement then :fire:

1 Like

I really like where this idea is going. There needs to be a way to (respectfully) reach out to other creators other than hoping they have social media listed in their bio. Because not all do and ya don’t want to ask them to collab in the comments. I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently, as well, but you’ve got some blueprints laid out here!

2 Likes

Yay! I’m glad you like it! I’m sure that there are a lot of roadblocks I’m not thinking about but it would be cool to have an “official” way to collab and possibly add a layer of protection for users.

1 Like

I go on the assumption that what I post in public can be taken and used. I keep some traditional art offline entirely for that reason. Several people have used my music but none have asked. I too take audio without asking. If it bothers someone I’m happy to change it. The goal is to brighten their day. I like that hashtag for it but I forget to use it. Unsomething collaboration?

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. The Unsolicited Collab hastag. Yea, if I ever borrowed something and someone asked me to take it down I would without hesitation. Everyone seems super chill & supportive and we are all here to share, grow, be entertained, etc so I wouldn’t want to offend anyone or make them feel slighted in any way. I think it’s safe to say everyone is in the same boat. Hopefully.

2 Likes

I really like this idea and the way you’re thinking about other creators is awesome. I really appreciate this thought of yours :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I can totally see the flip side and how it may be too restrictive for some or it may limit creativity and I definitely wouldn’t want to do that. It’s not as much about the intellectual property (though I can see why this is very important to some) as the promotion possibilities, as well a social “contract” to equally promote the other so, for example, a more popular creator can’t take advantage of a lessor-known creator. I know that everyone in our community is kind and well-intentioned, but as we grow we can’t always guarantee that. For some, transparency in collaborations may be really important. Say when brands begin to populate the app and offer partnerships.

I know I am probably completely blind to many of the pitfalls.

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::vulcan_salute:t3::yellow_heart:

1 Like

not bad, i like it

1 Like