Questions for Former Byte Partners

Well I know the partnership isn’t over yet (this Friday being the last day) but I figured as a former partner that I would answer any and all questions people may have about how it all happened, what happened during it (not much), and maybe give advice for potential future partners.

And for any other partners who may want to contribute their experience and favorite or least favorite moments of it all.

17 Likes

How Much Money Was Made Per Veiw🤔

4 Likes

Did u make enough money to buy video games?

17 Likes

what was the feeling like when the Byte team had approached you to become a partner?

9 Likes

not enough to play gachas :eye:

7 Likes

If you were to get this opportunity again as a byte partner would you do anything different, if so, what? or if not, why?

7 Likes

Can’t speak for everyone. And I’m sure some folks will roll their eyes at this. Whatever. For me personally it was like someone finally saying “you’re good enough.”

10 Likes

For me, I never thought I’d get in. It was a real treat.

5 Likes

@neefy extremely surreal. I didn’t apply because I didn’t think I was gonna make it and I didn’t wanna take away from others who had been on the app longer than me. When I was approached by it I was really shocked but also extremely excited. Vine was a second home for me, so having Byte come to life AND having the chance to play a bigger role in its community was such an insanely awesome thing when I was asked to join.

6 Likes

@JohnQ honestly I would possibly try to play the numbers game a bit more and see if I can find a new niche while still keeping my aesthetic or amplifying my current profile. Honestly I’d possibly even get into buying a legit camera and editing software as well to maximize the emotion I try to get from some of my shots.

5 Likes

@iJimmy so I’m not sure (because of contract) if I can go into specifics here on the forum about how much was made. But I’ll let ya know this:

Each month all the partners were broken into 5 tiers, tier 1 being the highest paid and 5 being the lowest. What placed you in your tier was the amount of unique views/loops (essentially each time a different profile looped one of your posts once) on your top 8 most viewed posts. Each posting period was the 15th - 14th of each month (or something like that) and views were finalized and counted on the 21st of each month. You would then be paid on the 1st of the following.

Example being:

First “month” was:

April 15th - May 14th window to post

All loops counted for that “month” until May 21st

Payment sent out on Jun 1st

10 Likes

@electronicant78 I made enough to buy a bunch of frogs, feed them all LSD, and then teach them to dance on logs and dogs

12 Likes

will former partners keep posting now not a partner? Will there be less motivation to post as much…?

3 Likes

@electronicant78 you tell me ya nut

I’d place money on a lot of people taking a hiatus from being on the app as much as they have been and possibly never coming back again. We will have to wait and see.

7 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Wow I thought the partner program had no preference towards number of loops or anything like that. Clearly that was only for getting in.

3 Likes

Question for former byte partners- now the divorce between you and byte is finalized, any chance of…you know… THIS happening?
:point_right:t2::point_left:t2::pleading_face:

7 Likes
  • Did you ever come across creative ruts since there was a particular number of video you had to make in a time frame? If so, what did you do to get inspired?

• Also, what did you learn about yourself in the journey of your byte partnership?

4 Likes

@trippy

• So we had to make a minimum of one video a week. I can only really speak for myself personally and the toughest part was actually getting out to film videos. Covid was a good and bad thing for this because there were a lot of empty public spaces that were easier to film in, but at the same time it didn’t necessarily motivate me to do anything extraordinary. The toughest part for me was having an idea and just not filming it. I still have one or two videos from launch day that I just haven’t gotten to filming yet. I would try to think of my favorite scenes from my favorite movies and emulate the emotion and visuals within it if I was running out of ideas for a post. Things like the trending hashtags and featured categories (when they were first introduced) made it much easier for me because then I already had the premise of an video there, just needed to add my “style” to it. I think my main inspiration for my videos was just whatever I was feeling in the moment. Every post I have made was really an extension of whatever my emotions were for that day.

• What I learned about myself, and was something I needed help from friends to achieve, is that I need to post whatever I make. It is too easy to sit there and criticize your work even though it is literally edited and ready to go. I had to learn to stop thinking “is this appropriate?” “is this even worth posting?” “will anyone like this?” and just realize that whatever I post needs to be for me first. If it is something I thought of, shot, and edited and liked, then I needed to post it for myself.

4 Likes

How TO BE A PARTNER I’M TRYING TO ASK AND TRYING THIS FROM LAST 2 MONTHS WHAT SHOULD I DO ? :sob:

1 Like