Question for upcoming artists

I was just browsing instagram when I came across someone’s instagram. She was up and coming in her field of work, I seriously thought she would become a new “It girl”.

Unfortunately, her “past caught up with her”. Old tweets were exposed and it looks like she has almost been blacklisted? So insane to see how she was everywhere and now so stagnant.

She obviously isn’t the first. So many online personalities have come under fire for past tweets/photos/videos/remarks/etc. Just recently, I read that Kian Lawley lost an acting deal because of a resurfaced video.

To me, the (far) past is the past is the past. Pulling up tweets from years ago in an effort to crush someone’s present success is wack lmfao, truly, but that’s the age we live in!

With that being said, all of you who are hoping to make it big on V2 and other platforms, have you guys thought about anything of your past that could be used against you when you make it? If so, are you preemptively trying to remove whatever it may be online? Is that even anything you’ve thought about?

** Also, what do you guys think about people being ruined because of their past? Agree? Disagree? **

(distant past, not like two weeks ago past lmfao)

4 Likes

I’m shook. I would’ve never thought about this. Thanks for the eye opening topic

2 Likes

hahaha you’re welcome! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i’ve always wondered why current influencers having scrubbed their accounts and whatnot to make sure there’s nothing that could jeopardize what they’ve gained so far after seeing so many people fall

1 Like

If you want fame, be ready for people to pry into all aspect of your life. It is good to go back and look at what you have posted before, cause your thoughts since then may have changed.

People are going to look into your past to see what kind of person you are. They may pull up post from many years ago, and you may have changed since then, but the post is still there, and they have the right to call it out if its something wrong.

3 Likes

I defiantly hear and get you! People will definitely pry but I don’t necessarily think it is a right, especially if that person is clearly a different person in the present.

I would say calling past actions out is okay if the intention is to teach not to “cancel”, if anything

1 Like

I never thought that, I’m shocked :hushed:

1 Like

This is gonna sound crazy, but since I was able to remember, I’ve basically tracked all of my experiences and interactions and encounters with people and how I acted on social media. I’m pretty sure there’s absolutely nothing anyone can pull that’s like incriminating or anything, but that’s only cause for the most part I’ve learned how to use social media from even a young age and kinda saved myself from acting a fool :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Personally for me I’m not worried about what I’ve posted online. But it’s pretty wack to be bringing up old posts, but it really depends on how bad the post/tweet is.

1 Like

I‘m not a saint but I pretty much knew from the beginning what belongs on the internet and what shouldn’t be posted like offensive and hateful things. So the only thing people will be able to ‚use against me’ are my fangirl tweets from then, when I was like 14 and the tweets during the time, when my English was really bad :tipping_hand_woman:t6:‍♀️

2 Likes

New artist need to show out honestly instead of producing fast music and one can be good but it’s quality over quantity :nail_care:

1 Like

i kinda thought about this but there’s nothing crazy

2 Likes

I never put anything on the internet without thinking about it coming back to bite me on the ass

3 Likes

I honestly can care less what people think of me, I know who I am and that I’ve grown up since the past and am not biased at all everyone gets shit tbh no body is safe out here no more #StopSensitivity2018

1 Like

hahah right! It definitely is something to think about if one hasn’t already

That doesn’t sound crazy at all! That’s super good too!

I started social media quite young too but lucky for me, anything that would’ve been somewhat questionable is gone with myspace :joy:

Agreed! Anytime some goes viral on twitter now, I see someone pull up questionable tweets from their past and I’m like bruv, chill out lmfao

Hahaha I feel! What is your native language?

1 Like

Yes! Quality over Quantity always :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s definitely good, for sure! :grin:

That’s really good! More people should think like that especially in today’s climate