Quantity, or Quality? That is the question!

What’s the move on how to attain a fanbase? Ever since I got onto Byte some four days ago, I’ve met a wide variety of people. It seems a lot of people have been focusing on quantity – no matter how not-proud they are of their creation, they upload it anyway.

What’s the secret? Is there a balance between quality, quantity, and upload schedule? So far, I only have five Bytes, one for each day (but two on the third), whereas other small creators will synthesize tens of them in a 24 hour period.

My Byte is @PlasticRice by the way :^) so I finally have more than two skits to my name, unlike a few days ago.

6 Likes

I can agree currently it is quantity for us small creators I spam mine many times a day my byte is @Yafet

2 Likes

Think quantity is really important now in the beginning to get your name out and get an audience. It is possible later as well, but there’s gonna be more people on the app then. That’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

I have to agree on quantity. The amount of uploads and the lack of hashtag searching means your post becomes invisible very quickly. Spamming a bunch in succession will make you more visible… So long as the content isn’t horrible I’m sure you will get followers!

@DanielHughes if you want to follow haha.

3 Likes

I prefer quality. But both work. I personally do quality.

6 Likes

Girl you’re doing something rite! You being yourself is what’s getting you out there! I’m so happy for you and I love seeing everyone on byte raving over “Erika” :partying_face::two_hearts: I also post a lot of uploads but I genuinely enjoy doing so! Each upload makes me remember that I’m actually doing something that I love doing. Singing is my thang, and so is also making a slight fool of myself :metal:t6::innocent:

3 Likes

Do your thang! Follow your dreams and like you said be yourself. Cause remember no one is you and you’re special. Much love to you and thank you so much :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

It’s dependent on the creator I feel. Personality driven byters like Aaron Doh and Twaimz (from Vine), those who have quirky eccentric traits, can go for quantity, since that’s what their audience likes about them. The more situational writing heavy ones should aim for quality.

Not that either is mutually exclusive from each other, just relative to each other. Just my two cents.

1 Like

quality first

2 Likes

Probably quantity until you get a following, because that’s the only way to get yourself out there for now, searchability in this app isn’t very good yet. But just because you make quantity content doesn’t mean you should make bad quality content. Always try to bring some sort of value to the viewer. (Advice from a noob)

2 Likes

I focus on the quality of my content

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

I think as long as it isn’t spammy and are consistent with posting that’s what matters. Engaging with creators you want to be associated and the community at large is probably the best way to grow your following.

3 Likes

As long as it is not spam, quantity is good at the start to grow, maybe 2-3 per day, and then once you develop a following you can focus more on quality, and post around 1- 2 per day :smiley:

4 Likes

I personally prefer quality but I understand why people would be in a rush with quantity. Random posts can be fun but I try to put a bit more thought into the video to make for a more memorable gag or joke.

8 Likes

I don’t know, ugh. I’ll spend, like, a few hours on a single byte and make maybe one a day, two tops, and get a handful of likes, but only if I promote myself everywhere and talk to a billion people to check me out first.

But then I know people who will literally post bytes doing absolutely nothing just for the sake of the byte, and garner a following. Doesn’t that just saturate your Byte page with unfunny content, though? It’s just a bunch of people following you for no reason other than to follow back. Like, the Latest page past 12am – 50% of everything I scroll past is some person saying good night and it has the same amount of likes as a skit I’ll put hours into. Why? :^( it’s just discouraging. What is it? The algorithm? Is it me? The app?

2 Likes

@Erikaallyson Holy bananas, is that the same Erika everyone is talking about? How did you blow up so quickly? Teach me your secrets! Were you in Beta or something? My profile is, like, a dead fish, but yours is constantly popping off D:

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah it’s me :two_hearts::two_hearts: and Lol honestly it just happened . And I was on beta for a month but I didn’t have that many followers and when the app came out people saw my videos and people started liking me I guess.

2 Likes

Humble Erika :slight_smile: that’s why we love you.

1 Like

Thank you love you too❤️

3 Likes