Purchasing Rebytes [Not allowed!]

Hey guys,

So recently I have heard about someone on the app having people pay around $30 for rebytes. According to bytes TOS this isn’t allowed, so I’m not sure what to do, I’ve reported the accounts that this person has and have screen shots of messages that a friend sent to him and his responses back.

I don’t want people falling for this, and we need to ensure that the community stays strong and isn’t breaking TOS. Appreciate what you guys can do!

Anthony

@dom

27 Likes

Good detective work! (Legit)

8 Likes

email community@byte.co!

5 Likes

changed to #general-discussion and edited title to ensure the community that it’s not allowed.

6 Likes

No, this can not be allowed on Byte, thank you for reporting this @AntinnyWorld

8 Likes

Thank you Shonzi!! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That so wack, paying for rebytes you might as well buy your followers and loops too :frowning:

8 Likes

God I love when someone makes 3 social media accounts with followers and calls themselves a CEO

14 Likes

Some people… good work @AntinnyWorld !

8 Likes

honestly people need to realize doing things like this won’t get them anywhere… all it takes is hard work and passion. You never get anything in the long run by taking the fast or easy route

10 Likes

Unfollowed him reaaal quick

7 Likes

omg. people be doing this already. jesus christ. damn. not ok. unfollowed and blocked!

5 Likes

Omg I talked to him about this yesterday. I had such an uneasy feeling about it as soon as he told me. Good on you.

9 Likes

I knew eventually people would sell rebytes

3 Likes

I literally just asked to see if I could collab with him, he’d probably charge me for that.

4 Likes

Thanks for reporting this and exposing the person doing it. Really disappointing to see this nonsense already happening. I really think that removing ranked trending and popular pages (as I stated in a post last week) would neutralize this kind of thing pretty well. Otherwise, it’ll only get worse once the app becomes more popular.

7 Likes

this is unfortunate, ive been talkin to him too : (

3 Likes

hey all. we are already looking into this and will follow up. please contact us in private in the future if there is a concern with a specific account or person because it isn’t a good look, especially if the claim turns out to be false (which will happen if it hasn’t happened already)

23 Likes

@mods :slight_smile: please unlist topics regarding claims against specific users or accounts and escalate to @cami_p and me in a PM

18 Likes