PSA to all users

hey guys! alley here :slightly_smiling_face:

here’s a lil psa

if you’re not of African/African-American descent and you’re on the byte app…

please, please

don’t say the n word :expressionless:

i understand everyone has their own personal beliefs, but just for the general peace of the community, it’s best if you don’t… really. :eyes:

feel free to discuss,
this is more of an opinion post/personal request.

i understand people are gonna say what they want to say regardless :woman_shrugging:t4:

~ alley

60 Likes

i just got blocked for calling a 60 year old man out (on byte) for saying the n word so :))))))

36 Likes

As you should, like really? :man_shrugging: :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

:clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

12 Likes

Yeah this shouldn’t even be something to discuss. It’s hate speech and certain people shouldn’t be allowed to use it :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

even I , as the “blackest” white guy on byte , and the gangsta i am in my skits , would never for a second think that is okay , so thanks for the request , as some people aren’t aware !

15 Likes

@tuq

https://twitter.com/JlTEAGEGE/status/1227397501302403072

11 Likes

kinda rude to group a group of sayings other than the one we all already know “the n-word” to a group of people , aswell as this isn’t a act just for this month lol , but thanks for the tag i guess …

5 Likes

I’m just here for the memes bro

16 Likes

naw i get that i’m all about laughing and being funny , you can see idgaf what people say lmao .

4 Likes

but if there is anymore problems , you can meet this guy

2 can be here for the memes :wink:

10 Likes

This isn’t even something to discuss. Honestly what the hell is wrong with some people?

18 Likes

Agreed sis

8 Likes

it’s 2020 people! you should know not to say stuff like that, especially if it doesn’t concern you.

11 Likes

african isn’t the only type of black lol…:sweat_smile:
what about Caribbeans?

i wonder why everyone forgets they
are included

4 Likes

She did say everybody of African descent so they’re also kinda included but I totally get what you’re saying. I think the safest thing to say is just Black People. This way everyone is included

12 Likes

Bruhh :man_facepalming:t5:. I knew someone that isn’t black on there was going to say it.

8 Likes

I get this, you shouldn’t say it if you don’t want to be offensive or rude and as a white guy I wouldn’t say that in public, but, as a foreign guy as well, my question to you Americans is: I know that there was a term which black people used to call white people (I guess in an offensive way), that is " cracker " … are whites allowed to say that?

**fun fact: where I live, Italy, the corresponding word for the n-word is “negro” that is not a bad word nor it is offensive either (except if you say it with the intent to offend someone who is black, but in this case it’s used with adjectives such as “sporco” [dirty] or others, but racism cases here barely happen) and we normally use this word to refer not to black people in general, but to who’s of the the race that comes from the central Africa, with specific physical features **

3 Likes

I’m part caribbean haha and they’re included in from african desent.

Africans were brought to the Caribbean by europeans

4 Likes

Light skinned Puerto rican here, Puerto Rican bloodlines and culture evolved through a mixing of the Spanish, African, and indigenous Taíno and Caribbean races that shared the island. I don’t use the N word ON MY BYTES just cuz i know its a sensitive word towards people and I’m trying to aim my content to ALL audiences.

4 Likes