Profile Picture Transparency

So I was looking through people I follow, and I saw that a lot of people have profile pictures made to match with their colour theme (eg mauro, kassandra) and I was thinking that it would be really cool if we were able to have transparency in profile pictures. Currently to match a profile theme, you’d need to just change the background of your picture to match the theme, but if you wanted to change theme this could be annoying to have to change.

For no reason at all, I used this transparent picture of a chicken, just to show that it would look good. I don’t know how exactly this would work in places other than on the profile, like on timelines, in embeds and in follower lists, but I’m really just putting the idea out there because I think it would be cool.

34 Likes

I definitely love this idea :slight_smile: As someone with a matching profile picture it would save a bunch of time!

7 Likes

As a minor of graphic design I definitely Stan this I might consider changing pic :rocket: .png finally works :clap:t4:

7 Likes

I have done the same

6 Likes

this is a really cool suggestion and I’m all for it

3 Likes

I like the idea but… why a big chicken profile picture tho… :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t have another transparent picture lol

5 Likes

While we’re on the topic, I really really like seeing chicken content on byte. They’re so finicky and weird and I like just watching em peck at the ground and walk around all weird like they do

4 Likes

I really like this idea. Byte pls make thing!

3 Likes

i’m liking this idea

2 Likes

nice idea! hopefully gets considered :eyes:
i used to edit mine the same colour as my background on vine, it would have a white circle around it tho

3 Likes

I like this idea! But, I think along with the profile picture in the channel section, it should also show up in bytes. For example, if you see a byte and you look below to see their name and whatnot, the avatar should be clear excluding their picture, similar to how you have it set. So the byte would technically be showing through the pic. :slight_smile:

Idk how it’ll look, it may look tacky this way but :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

It actually looks really interesting

2 Likes

I think an issue with transparency in the timeline is that people would just make a check mark or something to imply they’re verified. Actually surprised I haven’t seen people use their profile picture for this already. I do like the idea of it showing in timelines, since that’s possible on twitter and YouTube, just not sure how likely it is to be added

4 Likes

I think this is a super cool idea, and i also love that you used chickens as an example :grin:

2 Likes

All that would be needed is to allow the upload of PNG files for your profile pic, but this could be an interesting idea. Just not sure how it would look on the videos themselves with a transparent background, as Anthony mentioned. Maybe there the primary color from your profile page could be used as the background so it doesn’t let the video show through, which I think could look strange.

3 Likes

You make a really good point. I didn’t think about that. :slight_smile:

Your mind is so POWERFUL

1 Like

I love this idea - how did you do this ?

just screenshotted the theme, and added the colour to the background of the profile picture. Not a feature, just an idea lol

1 Like