Profanity in content

Ok so I am family friendly and I want to be ok for people of all ages even though it seems kids like profanity. Do you think it’s better to have it in or out? As an adult I get people swear to nail a point across with added emotion but I feel I want to carry on clean. Who uses profanity in their content and why? No judgement

8 Likes

I honestly don’t use any profanity, I’m 18 almost 19 and have not cursed. So I won’t use profanity in my content, but I’m super fine if any Artist does use profanity

1 Like

I have used profanity in my content but it’s that I’m used to saying it ever second. It’d be fair for parents to know that an app has a restriction mode for those who want it. At the same time, kids can work their way around said restricted mode by making another account or VPN, if the primary account has been set with a specific IP.

1 Like

I think it’s okay to use profanity to a point. Like, I use profanity in a lot of what I do, by I moderate how much I use so that I don’t offend people. So, I’ll probably use it in my content just because that’s who I am, and if people don’t like it, then that’s not something I’m going to change about me for them.

3 Likes

If you’re family friendly, you shouldn’t you profanity especially to get your point across. I would use profanity on v2 since I want to do comedy

3 Likes

It’s like a lightning strike, sometimes it’s used to get the point across, for some people’s sense of humour it just works, if a user doesn’t want to see someone’s art with profanity they can simply block the other user or use the “Nope” feature that is going to Ben implemented

It really depends on your content. I don’t think there should be any ban on profanity but a restricted mode is fine. And those of us who use profanity in their content just have to realize their content won’t, in theory, be seen by those in restricted mode. If cursing is true to you and your style, go with it.

5 Likes

i use profanity in my content because my content is for a specific audience that is profane. my content would suck if i wasnt profane.

I created a thread with discussion about age restrictions/family-friendly content a few days ago here.

Definitely worth checking out, quite a few quality answers on there! :smile:

1 Like

I honestly don’t think profanity is an issue as long as it doesn’t involve racial slurs. The original vine seemed to function fine with profanity and honestly made some vines far more iconic.

4 Likes

if this app is going to work, it will include profanity. most consumers will not be attracted to a profanity-censored app

1 Like

yes what ricky said

3 Likes

Completely agree with you.

I don’t because I see no point. I’m not trying to appeal to a different audience, but I just don’t swear because it doesn’t make sense for me to do it. I understand why other people do it, and sometimes it makes it funnier. It’s really a matter of if it’s needed

1 Like

I do but I also don’t think children need to be on the internet.

its gonna be hard af trying not to curse tbh haha, especially when its not in context

1 Like

Some of the most iconic vines have profanity in them, especially the “what the Fuck is up Kyle?” Vine. All what, we wait and see

1 Like

I think half the vines you would find in a compilation would include some profanity, I feel like that can add some humor to it, I don’t know. I don’t think v2 will be the same with big restrictions.

1 Like

A lot of popular vines have profanity. Whether you use it or not, it’s mostly the content of the video itself that matters.

3 Likes

I don’t think profanity should be “banned” per say, but it shouldn’t be encouraged either. As with life, some people curse and others don’t. Which is how I imagine content on v2 being. Some posts may curse while others don’t, as long as there are no “threats” or “offensive” terms used I don’t think a curse word every now and then should cause a big problem.

2 Likes