Potential Use for Stars? Byte Family or Friends...Byte Marraige?🤔

Hello,

I recognize this is most likely a bad idea but I had it so I need to throw it out into the universe and see what comes out the other end. For science.

Basically, you know how on Tumblr, at least when I used it like 8 years ago, some accounts would have like a list of other accounts with like “tumblr boyfriend” or “daughter”, “bff”, etc. Or how MySpace had a Top Friends list that you could customize and how Facebook lists your family members (except here itd be byte family or friends).

Well I thought maybe Byte could do a similar thing where people pick other accounts to have on their “list” and it shows up somewhere on their profile. Maybe it could be a mutual thing where the person has to agree to be on your list. Or not mutual and there can be thousands of accounts with like the same “dad” lol. Or maybe like you could only be “_____” to like X amount of people. And maybe the like descriptors for the people could be customizable too like i could make someone my “king” lol. I see how the family ones like “daddy” might be weird to some people but I think it’s funny and it could be another way to customize your profile that’s fun and bring people together, get them to interact more and make connections, etc.

So how the stars come in: Maybe this would only be something you could use after you’ve gotten a certain number of stars. Or maybe new accounts get like 2 people they can have on their list and they get more slots after they get more stars up to X amount of people (like 6 or something).

Other people I chatted with on the discord talked about “marrying” other accounts lol but the logistics of the divorce and who gets whose followers seems a little messy :skull:

BUT let me know what you think. This is a super rough idea I had 10 minutes ago so im obviously open to suggestions or critiques or why this is the worst idea ever lmao. Just lmk! :grin:

18 Likes

If Ben ain’t some sort of my cousin, I don’t want it

5 Likes

As long as Ben is my uncle.

6 Likes

That can’t be, I was literally gonna ask you to be my aunt :triumph:

4 Likes

i- :eye::lips::eye: this is kinda cool

1 Like

We’re cousins. It’s done

3 Likes

I don’t wanna d i e

7 Likes

But you must, I want to be Batman

3 Likes

I like it actually! It’s pretty rough but EASILY the most creative thing I’ve heard for the stars :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the actual function of coupling accounts together? You earn stars to promote other people? Awfully bold to assume anyone visits my page in the first place.

And then collecting stars becomes a farmable thing and people like their byte app on overnight farming views but also collecting stars on watching loops.

Byte: shadow legends is a great idea needs a lot more updates before the stars can be used like that

4 Likes

@Imgay and @egirlcreampie are my parents

5 Likes

Maybe people would check out other’s profiles more bc they are curious about who is on their list? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s seema kinda similar to just the “suggested channels” you can put on your channel in YouTube. But with a couple things to make it more fun for everyone.

3 Likes

Yessss

Yess :heart_eyes_cat:

Father faizal has joined the chat

5 Likes

Tomwho would be all of iGen’s dad

2 Likes

You’re gonna make the inner geek in me square up. Don’t let him surface up pls

2 Likes

I feel like half of Byte would make Tomwho their dad and if their was a limit a war would break out over who gets him lmao

5 Likes

Square up to my butler, Alf.

1 Like