Potential to increase talent visibility with the New & Trending tab

I admit, I have absolutely no idea how this category works and I find it oddly confusing. I assume it is a mix of things that are accumulating likes quickly but… :woman_shrugging:t2:?

My idea would put the top trending video in each category in order of popularity in this space. I think it would increase visibility of these creators without having to go in each individual category.

I admit, I struggled to get and maintain a spot in popular and most of the interactions are from people who already follow me. I have no idea how to pull in new eyes. I have made popular a couple times but I fall to the bottom under other (deserving) videos very quickly because they have bigger audiences.

This might be redundant if this is kind of how it already works and I’m just missing it or if this exists in some other place that I am just not seeing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know, I’ve never actually looked at the “popular” tab. Is it helpful for growing audiences? If so, how?

1 Like

I dont get why theres a “popular” AND “trending” section… that’s literally the same thing and alot of the same bytes just show up in both.

1 Like

I believe new and trending is like the top 1000 posts on the app at the time randomized

1 Like

I think maybe because it’s just at the top of the app and one of the first options to click on. I feel people see “trending” or “popular” and they check to see what’s going on. Then they dive into individual categories. At least that is my experience.

1 Like

Unless Popular indicates best videos of all time, and trending indicates best videos currently – or at least it should.

1 Like